Band 8b Services Manager: Urgent Community Response Services. The Old Forge, Wokingham
About the Job:
The post holder will have overall management responsibility for the multi-disciplinary team of staff providing Urgent Community Response (UCR) services, including the consultant geriatrician, advanced nurse practitioners, registered mental health and general nurses, paramedic practitioners and therapy staff from a range of disciplines.
They will work collaboratively with systems partners to support the management of the cost of care across the system, through reductions in NELs, and A&E attendances from people residing in their usual place of residence, including care homes.
The role will include:
• Overseeing the operational management and provision of all the elements of urgent community response and care home support across Berkshire West.
• Leading the relationship building with key stakeholders across the health and social care economy.
• Representing Berkshire Healthcare at relevant meetings including Ageing Well meetings, Berkshire West ICP Care Homes Strategic Performance Group, Care Home Programme Steering Group
• Having responsibility for clinical service budgets to ensure delivery of high quality, responsive and cost-effective service
The post holder will act as a lead for the Urgent Community Response services and will be a role model providing strong leadership, support, and guidance, underpinned by sound clinical practice to their direct reports and teams. They will be available to give assistance, advice, and support in operational issues relevant to UCR, to other services across Berkshire.
The ‘must haves’ for you to be considered for this role
• Professional registration with significant post qualification experience.
• Experience of managing community teams
• Change management experience
• Demonstrable leadership and positive role modelling
Berkshire Healthcare has a record of achievement and success that places us as one of the best performing Trusts in the country. We are rated ‘Outstanding’ by the CQC, we have a history of strong financial performance and we have a highly skilled and engaged workforce. We aspire to be an outstanding organisation for everyone: our people, our patients, their families, and their carers. For our people who work here that means we want Berkshire Healthcare to be a great place to work where everyone can thrive and grow.
If you recognise yourself in these requirements, please apply, showing clearly how you meet the person specifications. Call Obiageli Okongwu, Head of Community Networks, Long Term Conditions and Frailty on 07500087486 for any queries regarding the post.
Closing date for applications is 7thOctober 2021
Interview date is 18thOctober 2021
This advert closes on Thursday 7 Oct 2021
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident