Do you want to join a company that cares? When joining Avery you can expect:
* highly competitive rates of pay * instant access to your wages. No need to wait for payday! * exclusive employee discounts incl. retail and leisure savings * excellent career development incl. formal training * free parking * well-supported environment *
Are you tired of working difficult split shifts?Do you want to address your work life balance, whilst continuing to create?
40 hours per week - Shifts on a rota basis to include some evenings and weekends
£14.00 per hour
Edenbridge Manor Care Home,located inEdenbridgearecurrently seeking an experienced, motivated and passionate Head Chef to work as part of a team in a busy kitchen.As Head Chef, you will work in support of our Hotel Services team, providing a comprehensive, high-quality culinary service, which contributes to the overall well-being of the residents. Our aim is to offer a variety of food which is nutritious seasonal, thoughtful and nourishing. Good quality food with inspirational cuisine canbe both a treat and healthy, so no residents will have to feel guilty or left out when enjoying our food offering.
For this position it is essential that you have demonstrative culinary experience, preferably in a hospitality environment, accompanied by a relevant catering qualification and, as a minimum, the Basic Food Hygiene Certificate.
The key responsibilities of our Head Chef include:
- Supervise and direct the work of other kitchen staff, providing instruction and demonstration to unqualified staff on simple food preparation activity.
- Understand the principles of safe food handling to ensure all food preparation undertaken in the kitchen is to the highest standards of hygiene.
- Monitor and report the temperatures of refrigerators and freezers to ensure food is stored safely.
- Prepare and oversee the cleaning rota, to ensure the regular cleaning of all kitchen areas, equipment and appliances to meet the high standards of cleanliness necessary in food storage, preparation and service areas.
- Prepare and cook all daily meals for residents and staff and provides catering for special occasions.
- Understand personal responsibilities in relation to the Health & Safety at Work Acts and fire safety and evacuation procedures and demonstrates a working knowledge of COSHH assessments applicable in own work area.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with all residents, family, visitors and colleagues.
Please note that as part of the application and employment process you shall be asked to confirm your COVID-19 vaccination status, including if required, your agreement to be vaccinated if not yet administered, your agreement to ongoing vaccinations throughout the duration of your employment as well as confirming your agreement to regular COVID-19 testing. This information is required to ensure the safety and well-being of all our residents and staff, and shall be held in the strictest of confidence.
Avery Healthcare is an award winning national care home provider,committedto delivering the highest standards of person centred care.
We are always seeking high quality people to join our enthusiastic and dedicated teams across the UK.
The design of our homes and our carefully selected staff when combined with our diligent approach to care enables us to provide our residents with an enriching life and the opportunity to flourish.
Avery Healthcare is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults. This post will require an Enhanced DBS Disclosure the cost of which is met by Avery Healthcare.
Proof of eligibility to work in the UK is essential.
- Name: Leanne McIntosh
- Email: email@example.com