Capita are looking for a Senior Network Engineer to bring in their Networking experience to support on a critical Transformation Programme. The role is a Fixed Term contract till the end of 2021, with the potential to be extended to March 2022. The role will largely be Home-Based with visits to the West Malling office, when required. Due to the criticality of the Programme they'll be working on, there will be a requirement to work occasional unsociable hours (evening/night, weekends, bank holidays).
What you'll be doing:
• demonstrating experience with CheckPoint, Cisco, F5 and Juniper
• being responsible for the data gathering, planning and implementation required for the migration of client infrastructure and workloads from legacy environments into new, secure multi-tenant Data Centres
• having and maintaining a high level of understanding of all major network device types (Firewalls, Routers, Switches, Load-Balancers etc.)
• performing Data Centre network design, implementation and troubleshooting
• communicating effectively and building the trust and respect of both colleagues and clients
• working on any aspect of network design and support, while operating within a multi-client, multi-data centre environment
• working effectively with teams in other geographic areas
• helping to direct and educate/build skills in less experienced staff
• completing any other duties as assigned by an authorised supervisor
What we're looking for:
• Demonstrable experience in designing, implementing and supporting large corporate or data centre networks
• Hands-on network support experience (desirably in a multi-client, service provider environment)
• CCNP - Enterprise and/or Data Center
• Good all-round technical knowledge of LAN/WAN network equipment (Cisco, Juniper and Checkpoint), technologies, protocols and communication standards
• Good all-round knowledge and experience of Firewall systems (Juniper, Checkpoint and Cisco PIX/ASA)
• Good all-round Knowledge of IP Telephony (preferably Cisco)
• Knowledge and experience of hardware load balancer solutions (F5)
• Experience with dynamic routing (advanced BGP), VXLAN, DR and redundancy methodologies
• Experience with Network security and client separation techniques
• Experience with CheckPoint CCSA/CCSP
• Experience of network design and IP Addressing architectures
• Experience of VPN and Remote Access solutions
• Experience of VoIP and data/unified communications
• Desirably, experience with Transformation/Migration programmes
• Excellent communications skills
About Capita Technology and Software Solutions
Capita Technology and Software Solutions (TSS) is a newly formed global shared service, responsible for delivering innovation and digital transformation for Capita's businesses and clients. We work collaboratively with Capita's divisions to shape the right digital technology solutions to help clients work differently, engage differently, sell differently and to be resilient to whatever next comes their way. We create innovative technology and software solutions for Capita's clients and businesses while ensuring secure, resilient and predictable service delivery.TSS brings together 5000+ colleagues from across Capita into a single function to deliver world-class technology and software solutions for Capita's businesses and clients.
What's in it for you?
• A competitive basic salary
• 23 days' holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
• The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
• Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks...and plenty more
• Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
• Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
You'll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You'll be joining a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we'll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you'll do next:
Choose 'Apply now' to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
To view our Covid-19 and process adjustments information, please visit the Capita Careers site.
We're an equal opportunity employer, which means we'll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we're committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. During the application process, you'll be asked to share your personal characteristics and data with us. This helps us understand our audience so we can make sure we are doing everything we can to attract a diverse range of people and ensure our recruitment processes are fair and inclusive.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident