Job Title: Project Document Controller
Industry: Engineering (Power and Energy)
Role: Our client a leading engineering industrial services provider has an exciting opportunity for an experience and versatile document controller to join the team.
As a member of the growing UK Engineering Team, you will have the opportunity to work on some of the most stimulating and ground-breaking EPC projects in the UK. Professional development of our Engineering Team is key to our success and, if your application is successful, you will be given a Personal Development Plan, including training and further education along with more responsibility. At the same time, you will be part of the global engineering organisation, which is a 5,000 strong community that can give you wider opportunities and the possibility to work abroad.
If you perform, we will reward you with an attractive remuneration package, combined with flexibility relating to working hours, working from home and part time working.
- You will be the owner of the project document register, systems, and processes
- You will manage and control the flow of documents and information on projects
- Project documents will include business deliverables, technical queries, vendor / other third party documents, client documents and commercial documents and communications
- You will be able to provide an accurate and up-to-date status of the information / document flow whenever requested
- You will be pro-active in advising when the next review / approval phase of a document is expected
- You will be responsible for ensuring that project team members always have accurate and up-to-date information
- Your job will allow other project members to focus on their respective roles
- You will work on projects ranging from Concept Design to EPC projects
- The projects will be for different sectors (Oil & Gas, Nuclear, Energy, Utilities, Chemicals, Food), small and large, and greenfield and brownfield projects.
- On EPC projects, you will provide a valuable link between Engineering and other departments
- Depending on the nature of the project, you may report to the Engineering Project Manager or EPC Project Manager on the project
If you have the following profile, then we are looking forward to meeting you
- More than 6 years of experience as Project Document Controller in an Engineering / EPCM / EPC company (required), in one of the abovementioned sectors
- Familiar and experienced with the project workflows in Engineering and EPC / EPCM projects and have configured and managed the document flow (including Client and third party documents) throughout the entire project lifecycle
- Exceptional administration and organisation skills for document storage and upkeep of document register
- Proactive and assertive for chasing and expediting documents
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with people at all levels
- Good knowledge of MS Excel
- Attention to detail for checking documents before issuing
- Experience with Omega PIMS Document Control module or similar document control software would be an advantage
- Experience expediting vendor documents would be an advantage
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident