When someone says ‘can you help me plan my wedding day?' do you:
- A) Freeze up with the overwhelming task ahead of you; or
- B) Immediately begin to imagine the venue, the little details, and the feeling at the end of the day when you know you have done an outstanding, unforgettable job in a way that is both seen and behind the scenes?
Not everyone can build almost instant, strong & trusting relationships enabling them to keep any situation calm, at the same time as battling the constant changes and obstacles that comes with event planning. But if you can, you're who we're looking for!
What will I be responsible for as a Reservation & Events Coordinator?
To have found yourself here, we'll hedge a guess that you have a passion for relationship building and working behind the scenes to ensure every event goes as smoothly as possible.
Your role as Reservations and Events Coordinator will see you:
- Promoting your hotels facilities, responding to enquiries & (the oh so rewarding bit) converting them into bookings
- Making new bedroom reservations and updating the system
- You'll work closely with our Commercial Office Manager who will trust you to utilise initiatives and will support you in delivering outstanding events
- You'll be driven by process and detail whilst being passionate about delivering an outstanding service, ensuring that each booking receives a seamless service
- General clerical duties in the office
- This is a fantastic role for someone who enjoys nurturing relationships, as you will be able to see your VIP guests have a positive experience which will have a direct impact on your hotels budget and achievement of its KPI's.
Is this Reservations and Events Coordinator role right for me?
Your spirit animal will be a swan – graceful and calm above the water, but working unbelievably hard to execute projects underneath. If you also have coordination experience across Reservations, Meetings, Conferencing or Events - you'd be a perfect fit for our Reservations & Events Coordinator opportunity.
You'll not only embrace change but you'll love it – getting excited by the endless possibilities of bespoke events that are continuously adapted for each guest or host.
How you do this is up to you, but we know through experience that those most successful within our industry have an innate interest in the hotel, meetings and events markets, along with a genuine passion for keeping up-to-date with market and competitor trends to always pursue outstanding.
What's in it for me?
- Discounts across retail, restaurants, events etc (because we know life isn't just about work)
- Family and Friends discounts in hotels across the Kew Green Hotels estate
- Leisure Club / Gym free membership
- International Travel at Employee Rate for other branded hotels within our brand family (and you're not just limited to good old Britain – our family has hotels that span all over the world!)
- Parking on site for free
- Progression Room to grow, with opportunities across the UK and internationally
- Flexible attitude and working hours.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident