Kickstart - Waste Process Operator Trainee
02 December 2021
02 January 2022
DWP Kickstart Scheme
Apply for this job
To apply for this job, you must be claiming Universal Credit and 16 to 24 years old.
DWR CYMRU CYFYNGEDIG
Operate in Waste Water Treatment Works and associated water pumping stations to company Health and Safety requirements.
• Supporting Operational checks and tasks on Waste Water Treatment sites
• Taking samples and entering them into our records and systems.
• Routine maintenance tasks such as brushing, cleaning weirs and channels general housekeeping.
• Ensuring correct compliance to required EC Directives, BMS and other company standards and procedures including Health and Safety.
• They will need to be enthusiastic about putting our customers first and have a track record of providing excellent customer service
• They will need to be self-motivated and organised
• Experience or interest in mechanical or electrical equipment is not essential but would provide more to the individuals learning experience
• Awareness of regulatory bodies such as Environment Agency/NRW would be desirable
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Computer literate including word and excel
**Driving Licence is essential**
Monday to Friday
National Minimum Wage
ADDITIONAL EMPLOYABILITY SUPPORT
All young people on the kick start scheme will have a mentor who will support them on their time during the programme. They will also receive training during their work experience on:
• Health, Safety and Wellbeing
• Equality and Diversity
• Team work
• Time Management
• Communication Skills
• Customer Service
As part of the programme ALS Training will deliver - Employability Skills 3-day intensive course. This course is aimed at participants who need to boost their employability skills. This course covers a range of topics including interview techniques, CV writing, writing job applications and workplace etiquette.
Upon completion of the course participants will have a clearer understanding of the recruitment process and the world of work. Participants will have an increased confidence to apply for positions, attend interviews and know what to expect from an employer. They will also deliver Interview skills, a 1-day course where they will learn how to prepare for a more successful interview.
The course will equip participant with the means to research any potential employers, match their own skills and attributes to that of the vacancy advert, gain more confidence to attend an interview and learn how to conduct themselves during a physical interview, as well as via telephone or ‘zoom’.
Apply for this job