Kickstart - Residential Support Worker - Children's Home
12 October 2021
18 November 2021
Godstone, Surrey, RH98BW
DWP Kickstart Scheme
Apply for this job
To apply for this job, you must be claiming Universal Credit and 16 to 24 years old.
Prosper and Enterprise Ltd
To undertake a lead role in ensuring the care and welfare of each child in placement.
To guide and support to all Residential Workers.
To be responsible for the supervision of designated members of staff and to record this in the Supervision Sheet on the member of staff’s file.
To raise any concerns with the Registered Manager as appropriate.
In support of Key Responsibility 1
To assist in planning, manage and leading shifts ensuring our children are kept safe and engaged throughout the day.
To ensure through full training and support the Placement Plan, behaviour and risk management plan for each child is followed and adhered to at all times.
To promote education and support each child’s attendance in education is maintained.
In support of Key Responsibility 2
To ensure that all staff act in a professional manner and be a role model for both staff and young people to follow.
To ensure that Bransfield’s Manor’s policies and procedures, as well as risk assessments, are followed at all times.
To ensure that the home is fully covered with adequate staffing at all times and staff receive adequate training and development while on shift.
To ensure that all staff read the Daily Log Book to check all messages at the beginning of work or at any point during the working day as required.
To ensure that all staff have written up any incident / accident forms or restraint forms as applicable and that such information is passed to the Registered Manager within the agreed timescale and before leaving their shift.
To ensure that all staff are familiar with and follow Local Authority Child Protection Procedures and Families for Children Residential Services ‘Safer Caring and Child Protection Procedures’.
To report immediately to the Registered Manager any issues regarding Child Protection matters.
To ensure that all staff have a good understanding the homes Policies and care plans with regard to the care of children.
To ensure all follow and understand the confidentiality policy.
In Support of Key Responsibility 3
1. To assist or undertake effective supervisions as required by the Registered Manager.
2. To offer advice and encouragement to supervised staff with regard to individual training needs.
3. To ensure that all staff under their supervision undertake and complete training in accordance with their induction training schedule and Personal Development Plan.
4. To raise any concerns regarding an individual member of staff’s progress or attitude with the Registered Manager (if serious) or at the member of staff’s next supervision.
In Support of Key Responsibility 4
1. To raise any serious issues or concerns directly with the Registered Manager.
1. To attend meetings and training as required.
2. To share the responsibility for creating a pleasant working environment.
3. To be flexible in hours of work in order to meet tasks required.
4. To be aware of Health and Safety regulations particularly as related to the upkeep of the building and its surroundings.
5. To undertake any other duties that may be reasonably requested.
6. To safeguard and promote the welfare of children and be aware of relevant policies and procedures.
7. Adhere to and promote the Company’s Equalities, Inclusion and Diversity Policy.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall objectives of the Children Residential Services.
NVQ Level 3 Health & Social Care or Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with Children in residential care and a good knowledge in child protection and safeguarding
Shifts will be on a rota basis and may include weekends
ADDITIONAL EMPLOYABILITY SUPPORT
Employability Skills Training:
This will be provided for our placement by our Gateway organisation, Work Advisor. A ten-week e-learning programme covering all the requirements of the scheme. Progress will be monitored by Work Advisor and the employer.
Employability Skills modules:
Problem-Solving at Work
Taking part in a project
Working in a team
Working with Colleagues
Job Application Skills
Writing a CV
Job Search Skills
Apply for this job