Kickstart - Customer Care Safety Operative
18 December 2021
17 February 2022
DWP Kickstart Scheme
Apply for this job
To apply for this job, you must be claiming Universal Credit and 16 to 24 years old.
Go Karting For Fun Limited
Why Does TeamSport Exist?
To create safe, unique and exciting experiences for everyone.
What is Our Mission 2022?
To be a leading leisure brand, with 50 venues internationally, by the end of 2022.
At TeamSport we regard values such as Honesty, Integrity, and Respect as ‘The Basics’. In our view they are expected behaviours, inherent in everyone and are not unique to any business. The following five values, however, are the magic that makes TeamSport a great business.
At TeamSport, We:
#1 Put the customer on pole
#2 Are one crew
#3 Stand up and stand out
#4 Have a big emphasis on small details
#5 Are fuelled by fun
About the role – Customer Care Go Karting Safety Operative
This position is designed to assist tracks in managing our Covid-19 policies and procedures more effectively and keep our customers and Team safe.
The role is for 6 months and at least 25 hours per week at a go karting track. This is a customer facing role and it is designed to help young people to get work experience with support from our dynamic teams that we have across the country at Teamsport. Each track has a lot of customers coming to the tracks to enjoy some Go-Karting, to make sure all our customers are safely having fun, TeamSport requires a friendly person to assist with the following duties:
● Managing the safe flow of customers into and out of the building.
● Helping with with cleaning and sanitising of the kit and workspaces (go karts, bays, rooms and seating areas).
● Replenishing sanitisation units when required
● Taking customer kit like overalls, gloves and helmets from the customer areas to the cleaning facilities and back again
● Applying safe/clean stickers to cleaned kit
● Willing to progress and learn
● Outgoing and Friendly
● Can learn how to be a proactive team player
● Present themselves in a neat and tidy manner
● Someone with good attention to detail
Further to the above, there are two additional opportunities that could be available to Kickstarters, one option is to cross train for the other Kickstart role i.e. Restaurant Operative role. This means that the Kickstarter would be trained to perform both roles which gives them some variety in their working day. The candidate will be able to learn about how to offer great customer service in more than one setting.
The second opportunity that may be available at TeamSport tracks is when the candidate has proven to be a valuable crew member, they can be offered further opportunities within the track team. For example, Host, Marshal, Mechanics etc. Three current kickstart candidates have been able to progress into these roles successfully in the last few months.
Friendly and engaging when working with customers and other team members
Outgoing and would be an enthusiastic team player
Happy to work on their feet throughout their shift
Experience in a customer facing environment is preferable but not necessary as candidates would receive training to build their communication skills
A related qualification such as Mechanics would be advantageous but not necessary
Able to work on a flexible shift pattern which may include daytime, evening and weekend shifts
5 days a week including weekends 4 to 6 hours per shift shifts time will range from 12pm to 10pm weekdays and 9am to 10pm weekends
NMW for their age and TeamSport Performance Related Bonus
ADDITIONAL EMPLOYABILITY SUPPORT
The Kickstarter will receive:
1. Training in essential work skills. This includes the importance of attendance, timekeeping and travelling to work and will teach skills in communication, teamwork, CV writing, interview techniques and looking for long term work. The training will also include focussed assignments which we will support aimed at embedding what they learn in class.
2. We will also be providing a Well-being liaison Manager to liaise directly with each participant and provide pastoral and wrap-around support.
3. Each kickstart employee will have a local supervisor and mentor throughout the 6 months who will provide feedback and support to them at the track they are assigned to. The supervisor will report back centrally to the NewFlameCoaching (the Gateway) liaison manager.
Additionally, Go Karting for Fun Ltd will give the following training over the six months of the placement:
All our crew members (Kickstarts included) when onboarded they will be asked to logon to our online training platform via our HR app. This training platform provides all basic training that relates to their day-to-day duties at tracks. For example, Health and Safety, Food Hygiene, GDPR, Customer Service, Code of Conduct at work etc. Each crew member needs to complete the relevant trainings based on their roles within their probation period. They will be monitored by their line managers and will be part of their ongoing training throughout their time at TeamSport.
Apply for this job