Hourly rate/Salary: £13.50 per hour, there are enhanced rates for weekend work.
We are looking for sous chefs to start as soon as possible! The position will require you to work 5 out of 7 shifts per week. You will need to be able to get to and from Derby both early mornings and late nights between the hours of 11am and 10pm. The ideal candidate will have experience as a Sous Chef. You will be required to report to the head chef, and support with any sickness, and absences when needed. You will supervise both preparation and cooking of all food and help with the day-to-day running of the kitchen.
Key responsibilities include:
* General food preparation
* Filling away deliveries
* Ordering all stock required for the kitchen whilst keeping inline with company budgets
* must be able to run a lone section of the kitchen
* Great communication and team work skills
* Cook all food to excellent quality
* Storing and sorting ingredients properly.
* Passion for food
* Ability to work under pressure
* Own chef whites and chef knives
* Ensuring food prep areas are clean in line with health and safety and food hygiene procedures.
* Food hygiene level 2 (dated within the last three years)
* Previous experience as a sous chef
* Excellent food preparation skills
* Has excellent organisation and time-management skills
* Is able to use their own initiative and as work as part of a team
* Able to communicate/report any issues to the relevant people effectively
* Is hard-working, and reliable.
* Have great leadership skills, being able to lead and organise a team within the kitchen
* Ability to step in and cover Head Chef for any holidays/absences
* Supporting Head Chef for the day to day running of the kitchen
Blue Arrow is a Nationwide Agency based throughout the UK we have branches in all locations work is always on offer. A lot of our chefs who are registered with us enjoy working for Blue Arrow due to the flexibility around shifts, and we can offer both ongoing and short-term assignments. Another great reason is that you get paid a great hourly salary along with every hour worked, Some of our chefs have gained permanent roles with their perfect companies due to working in ongoing assignments and then offered permanent contracts and most importantly you are paid on time and on a weekly basis.
* Great pay rates and weekly pay
* your very own App and portal to accept shifts on the go, and submit timesheets
* Dedicated consultant
* Chance to gain more hours around current jobs and commitments.
* Mixtures of shifts.
* PAID FOR EVERY HOUR WORKED
* ongoing work in majority of our clients
* Company pension scheme
As this position is based in Derby, there are fantastic transport links throughout Derby to reach the venue as there is also parking available on site.
If you are interested in the above role and feel you can meet the requirements, we please ask all applications are made via the click apply button, and we will aim to process your application as quickly and as efficiently as possible.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident