You will complete the following:Training to be Provided
Retail Level 2 Apprenticeship + 2 GPhC Accredited Courses delivered by the National Pharmacy Association (NPA) Medicines Counter Assistant and Accredited Dispensing Assistant Course.
NPA Courses will commence around 8 weeks after you have been enrolled on the Retail Level 2 Apprenticeship. NPA Courses must be completed within the first 12 months of employment at the Pharmacy.
Your Retailer Level 2 Apprenticeship will be delivered by Qube Learning who are a National Training Provider. As a student within Qube Learning you will have a dedicated Skills Tutor who will visit you every 4 - 6 weeks and deliver a bespoke teaching and learning session.
Your Apprenticeship Training Programme + NPA Courses should be completed in around 15 months. Functional Skills (Maths and English) may form part of your programme.
• Develop and maintain good customer relations.
• Answering the branch telephone in a timely manner and dealing with telephone queries.
• Assist in dealing with any customer complaints.
• Follow sales procedures when selling to customers.
• Advise on healthy lifestyles, giving accurate up-to-date information,
• To assist in the supply of prescribed items as required.
• Receiving a prescription: check patient’s signature, check doctor’s signature and check exemption or process prescription charge.
• Handing out completed, dispensed items as required: check correct medication for correct patient, check exemption or correct charge paid, hand medication to patient where verified.
• To assist in the sale of over-the-counter medicines.
• To provide information to customers on symptoms and products.
• To refer customers to the pharmacist in identified situations prior to any product being sold or action being recommended.
• To promote and assist in the supply of enhanced, additional and advanced services provided by Badham Pharmacy Ltd,
• To promote and sell the total product range offered by Badham Pharmacy Ltd.
• Effectively working within and alongside the Dispensary team.
Your customer interactions may cover a wide range of situations and can include; face-to-face, telephone, post, email, text and social media.
Understanding internal and external customers
Building trust with customers
Legislation and regulatory requirements
Understanding the customers point of view
Personal service skills and knowledge
Personalised customer service
Apprentice Vacancy Rota:
Week One: Mon - off , Tues - 10am-6pm , Wed - 10am-6pm , Thurs - 10am-6pm , Fri - 10am-6pm , Sat - off , Sun - off.
Week Two: Mon - 10am-6pm , Tues - 3pm-10pm , Wed - 10am-6pm , Thurs - 7am-3pm , Fri - 3pm-10pm , Sat - off , Sun - off.
Week Three: Mon - 10am-6pm , Tues - 10am-6pm , Wed - 7am-3pm , Thurs - 7am-3pm , Fri - 7am-3pm , Sat - off , Sun - off.
Week Four: Mon - 10am-6pm , Tue - 7am-3pm , Wed -10am-6pm , Thurs - 7am-3pm , Fri - 3pm-10pm , Sat - 3pm-10pm , Sun - off.
(30 mins unpaid for lunch)
Retail Level 2 Apprenticeship + 2 GPhC Accredited Courses delivered by the National Pharmacy Association (NPA) Medicines Counter Assistant and Accredited Dispensing Assistant Course.Length of Apprenticeship
Badham Pharmacy- Cheltenham