BVDF HOMECARE ARE LOOKING TO FILL THE FOLLOWING POSITION: TEAM CO-ORDINATORS HOMECARE/DOMICILIARY
APPLICANTS MUST HAVE PRIOR CARE EXPERIENCE OR EXPERIENCE in SIMILAR ROLE
35 HOURS PER WEEK SALARY TO BE DISCUSSED AT INTERVIEW
To work closely with care staff and report back to the Area Co-ordinator and Deputy Manager for that area. You will be responsible for the efficient management/supervision of your area alongside the Area Co-ordinator ensuring that care is delivered at the right time for clients of the Forum.
You will still be responsible for providing services to clients in all aspects of care.
• To supervise, monitor and support all care staff.
• To liaise closely with Contract Co-ordinators.
• To provide home visits and assessments for care plans (cm5) and to place them on the computer system.
• To attend first services and introduce care staff to new clients.
• To be involved in recruitment of new care staff.
• To be actively involved in inductions and in-house training procedures of new staff.
• To monitor health and safety issues.
• In the absence of an Area Co-ordinator attend case reviews.
• To undertake staff investigations in matters of concern.
• To be actively involved in team/staff meetings.
• To ensure all policies and procedures are adhered to and implemented.
• To be aware of the appropriate action to take in an emergency.
• To have appropriate knowledge of all aids and devices used by clients in their daily living and report any obvious defects.
• To undergo any training in relation to the role.
• To be on call every other weekend both office based and in the community.
• To be able to allocate work to care staff in the absence of the Contract Co-ordinator or Area Co-ordinator.
• To uphold standards in all areas of the Forum.
• To perform any reasonable duties as required by the Management of the Forum.
• The list of duties as detailed above is not exhaustive.
• Experience of service provision in the care profession.
• Experience of service user needs assessment and care planning.
• The position requires commitment and enthusiasm and the ability to work under pressure.
• You must be qualified to NVQ level 3 or working towards this.
• Must be computer literate and have good Literacy and numeracy skills.
• Car driver preferable but not essential.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident