This is a fixed-term appointment for 24 months starting from December 2021 or sooner.You will be responsible for:
- Implementation and day-to-day running of the EPSRC funded Energy Revolutions Research Consortium (EnergyRev) Plus and Innovate UK funded Local Energy Oxfordshire (LEO) projects
- Co-design and prototype a suite of smart interactive tools that visualise spatially and temporally local energy flows and interdependencies
- Gather locally specific GIS based data that enables these tools to run in local energy demonstrators
- Evaluate the new tools for their effectiveness and inclusiveness
- Undertake high resolution local energy mapping of Oxfordshire to strategically identify future local energy projects.
- Preparation of papers for publication and making presentations at meetings and/or conferences.You should have:
- A higher degree (MSc/MPhil/PhD) in architectural engineering, building services, architecture or similar discipline
- Experience of undertaking building performance monitoring and/or user surveys
- Experience of undertaking analysis of big datasets
- Experience of designing and analyzing appropriate research tools, eg questionnaires and interviews.
- Advanced knowledge of smart low energy systems in buildings and communities
- Good written and verbal communication skills.Interviews: 1 November 2021
As one of the largest employers in Oxford we pride ourselves in the great experience we offer our staff. You’ll be joining a friendly, professional environment where every member of staff is recognised as important to the success of Oxford Brookes University. To find out more about the benefits of working for Oxford Brookes please visit: www.brookes.ac.uk/job-vacancies/working-at-brookes.
The University has adopted equality, diversity and inclusion as core values. We welcome applications from suitably qualified candidates whatever their background, and especially from BAME candidates who are under-represented in our workforce.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident