An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Operations Controller to join the Logistics People team in the Midlands.
Base Location: Corby, Northamptonshire
Working week: x1 21:00 - 06:30 Monday - Friday x1 4 on 4 off 12 hour shifts
We are looking for someone who is comfortable working within a team as well as independently. The successful candidate will also provide great attention to detail. In reward for this we can offer a great working environment,a fantastic salary and the chance to be part of a growing success.
• Controlling a fleet of drivers.
• Update of all drivers working patterns onto the rota, from new drivers to current drivers.
• Liaising with the driver’s shifts, sickness, holiday requests and overtime.
• Liaising with the drivers and the clients on a daily basis to ensure the smooth running of the operation.
• Liaising with drivers and depots to deal with any issues or complaints that arise.
• Investigating and reporting any incidents between the depot and the drivers, including updating and maintaining an incident report log.
• Recording & maintaining all driver records; including legal compliance and driver infringements.
• To participate in an on-call rota to support the out of hours.
• Be able to meet with and register new drivers – liaising with both the driver and the client to ensure a smooth process from start to finish.
• Educated to GCSE level or equivalent.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Computer literate with experience with MS Office
• A “Can-Do” attitude
• Ability of working within a small team and under minimum supervision.
• Full driving license is essential with use of own car as travelling will be required.
• A good understanding of driver’s hours and working time directive is desired but not essential as training will be given.
In return we can offer a salary of £30,100.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident