Male SEND Practioner
21 September 2021
£16.00 to £22.00 per hour
£16.00 - £22.00 per hour
19 October 2021
Tyne and Wear, NE29
Apply for this job
Nudge Education has an exciting opportunity for an Education Expert to join our team. You will be working on a flexible contract, joining a network where various interventions will be offered based upon location and match with a student. In return, you will receive a competitive rate of £16.00 - £22.00 for lead roles and £13.00 - £20.00 for support roles plus various expenses and allowances and reporting fees.
Whilst relevant qualifications and experience are desirable, having the heart to work with these disengaged children is key, this may be from social work, youth work or health care roles.
Are you looking for an alternative, innovative and truly child-centred role within education? Are you passionate about inclusion and nurturing individuals who do not fit comfortably within the education sector? Working with Nudge Education will give you collaboration with a multi-skilled, like-minded set of professionals along with the flexibility and resources you need to make a real difference to young lives.
What we do hinges upon creating a strong connection with our young people. Every minute and every opportunity on commission counts. We need people who don’t give up at the first hurdle. Those who can think and deliver with inventive imagination. Those with aptitude for leadership and mentoring. We need inspiring individuals who can broaden the horizons of our students.
You will be required to work 1:1 or within small groups. You’ll be expected to think on your feet and adapt to whatever is thrown your way, always putting the needs of the student first.
Key duties and responsibilities of our Education Expert:
- Designing interventions that will support the academic engagement of students
- Reporting of progress, behavioural presentation & safeguarding concerns relating to your students
- Carrying out risk assessments of environments and activities to ensure student safety
- Occasional attendance at multi-agency meetings as an advocate for Nudge Education
- Working to meet a set of agreed provision targets
- Reporting of incidents or health and safety events in a timely manner
- Keeping up to date with trends in education and being aware of current official guidance
Desirable qualifications and experience we’re looking for in our Education Expert:
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- Safeguarding qualification from last 12 months
- Qualification in therapeutic discipline (counselling, mental health first aid, CBT for example)
- Recognised Teaching Qualification (PTLLS or higher)
- Training in de-escalation techniques within last 12 months (MAPA, Team Teach or similar)
- Experience of Teaching of students with Special Educational Needs
- Experience of working with young people with social, emotional or mental health needs
- Experience of working with young people in a professional capacity (teaching, youth work, counselling or similar)
- Disclosure Barring Service certificate from last three months or registration on update service
Desirable skills and abilities we’re looking for in our Education Expert:
- Ability to build relationships with young people who are facing crises
- Ability to communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders
- Intermediate IT skills and experience of working with word processing and spreadsheet software
- Specialist knowledge of learning disabilities and conditions such as ADHD, PDD, ASD
- Awareness of National Curriculum and relevant key stages
- Driving Licence and access to own vehicle
- Desire to support the vision of eradicating chronic disengagement from education
We comply with strict safeguarding policies and undertake thorough background checks.
If you feel that you have the skills and experience required to become our Education Expert, please click ‘apply’ today. We would love to hear from you!
Apply for this job