Clinical Lead (Asthma)
Please note that the reason for the fixed term of your contract is due to a short-term time limited project
Clinical Networks (CNs) operate for prescribed conditions which are aligned with national key priorities (cancer, mental health, diabetes, cardiac, stroke, respiratory, maternity and children and young people) as set out in the NHS Long Term Plan.
These CNs provide an organisational model through which health professionals and organisations will come together with the patients’ voice, working across boundaries, to address inequalities and to deliver programmes of continuous quality improvement.
These programmes will contribute to the achievement of improved outcomes for patients and population health, where there is a need for
As a Children & Young People (CYP) Clinical Lead for Asthma, the post holder will have responsibility for clinical leadership, engagement and influence across the CYP activities, Asthma in particular. Key aspects of this role will be to:
• Work with the regional CYP Clinical Network to support improvement in CYP Asthma services across the East of England.
• Provide clinical advice and leadership to the CYP Network
• Support Integrated Care Systems (ICS) leads to roll out phase 1 of the national asthma bundle - detailed deliverables/asks to be defined by the asthma team.
• Provide expert clinical advice and support to the Clinical Director, CYP clinical lead colleagues (Acute & Post-Acute) and Head of East of England CYP Clinical Network.
• To engage and communicate with a wide variety of other stakeholders to promote sustainable and equitable CYP services of the highest whole system or collective endeavour.
To focus on the delivery of the CYP components of the NHS Long Term Plan (LTP) and improving outcomes for CYP across all aspects of associated patient pathways from prevention through to end of life care. These priorities include the following but other priorities may emerge.
The job description and person specification are an outline of the tasks, responsibility and outcomes required of the role. The job holder will carry out any other duties that may reasonably be required by their line manager.
The job description and person specification may be reviewed on an ongoing basis in accordance with the changing needs of the CYP Network.
Interviews will commence week commencing 11 Oct subject to change.
This advert closes on Sunday 3 Oct 2021
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident