Job Title and Grade: Band 6 Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist
Location/Trust: Upton Hospital
Department Covered: MSK Physiotherapy Dept
Placement Ref/ID: 42744
We have long term placement opportunities available Band 6 Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist at Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust , specifically providing the following:
- To provide a high standard of Physiotherapy services to musculo-skeletal patients who access our service.
- Working as part of the Trust’s musculoskeletal team with responsibility for own caseload, without direct supervision. Indirect Supervision takes the form of regular formal training and clinical reasoning sessions, peer review, mentoring and clinical supervision.
- To provide clinical leadership and training to band 5 Physiotherapists, Technicians, and undergraduate students.
- To undertake all aspects of clinical duties as an autonomous practitioner.
Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust is a community and mental health trust, providing a wide range of services to people of all ages living in Berkshire. And to do this, we employ approximately 4,500 staff who operate from our many sites as well as out in people’s homes and in various community settings.
We’re also a digital pioneer, having been named by NHS England as a ‘Global Digital Exemplar’– one of only seven mental health trusts in the country to gain this status.
Main Responsibilities :
- To be professional and legally responsible and accountable for all aspects of your own work including the management of patients in your care.
- To undertake a comprehensive assessment of patients including those with diverse or complex presentations / multi pathologies; use advanced clinical reasoning skills and manual assessment techniques to provide an accurate diagnosis of their condition.
- To be responsible for maintaining own competency to practice through CPD activities and maintain a portfolio which reflects personal development.
- Have close involvement with teaching for band 5 physiotherapists and student physiotherapists to graduate level, on physiotherapeutic skills and knowledge within core clinical areas.
To apply for this post you need to have :
- Diploma / Degree in Physiotherapy.
- HPC Registered.
- Evidence of ongoing CPD e.g. maintained in a portfolio; attendance at musculoskeletal postgraduate courses; informal learning.
- Member of the CSP.
- 18 months band 5 rotational experience or suitable alternative experience; must include at least 4 months of Musculoskeletal Outpatients.
- Have worked in the NHS and understand the role of a Band 6 within it.
- Previous experience with audit.
- Ability to travel to multiple sites.
In return for your hard work commitment NHS Professionals (NHSP) can offer you some fantastic benefits: –
- Competitive Pay Rates - work this week, get paid next week!
- First choice of placements at over 50 NHS Trusts in England
- Dedicated consultants
- Flexible working options
- Free DBS and free training
- Build holiday allowance
- Support when you need it – 24/7 365 days – Call us anytime on 03330 144 370
- Stakeholder pension schem
Who are NHS Professionals?
NHS Professionals (NHSP), owned by the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC), works in partnership with hospital trusts to provide a bank of highly skilled temporary workers who want to work flexibly within the NHS.
Working through the NHSP bank means Trusts don’t have to rely on expensive agencies. Right now, we have over 130,000 members registered on our bank from various roles, grades, and specialities, saving the NHS over £70 million each year. This money is then reinvested back into the NHS.
Register today for various flexible working options and long-term placement opportunities.
For more information on the roles or details on how to join NHS Professionals, simply get in touch with Warris Ali as Recruitment & Placement Consultant on 0144 290 2002 or Warris.Ali@nhsprofessionals.nhs.uk
We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Please note, you will be contacted by email throughout the recruitment process, so please check your emails, including your junk/spam regularly. We regret we cannot contact everyone who is not selected for an interview, therefore if you do not hear from us within 21 days after submitting your application, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.