The North East and Yorkshire Genomics Laboratory Hub (NE&Y GLH) is a partnership between Newcastle Teaching Hospitals, Leeds Teaching Hospitals, Sheffield Children’s Trust, and Sheffield Teaching Hospitals. This exciting collaboration provides diagnostic services for Genomics across the North East, Cumbria, Yorkshire and Humber. The combined services offer a range of both general and specialist diagnostic services with excellent clinical outcomes for patients. We have an international reputation for excellence in specialist care, research and academic training.
The GLH has a joint laboratory and informatics programme to integrate the diagnostic processes across our sites, and to upgrade the information systems used to support these services. An opportunity has arisen for an informatics focussed project manager to work with our chosen system supplier and local teams to deliver this joint agenda.
If you have a strong understanding of the informatics transformation agenda and have an interest in Genomics, come and join us to help deliver the informatics strategy for the GLH.
The post holder will provide project support and leadership to the informatics agenda for the GLH;
• ensuring the development, deployment and implementation of joint informatics solutions
• supporting the consolidation of services to deliver significant efficiencies
• ensuring we are operating within a national testing network
• delivering technical, operational and analytical platforms
• developing leading edge bioinformatics, annotation and validation
• ensuring informatics supports delivery of the quality agendas and promotes research and innovation
• ensuring we deliver to the timescales required
The successful candidate will have a:
• Proven experience in working in informatics, including establishing and implementing complex informatics solutions across significant geographies
• Project management skills
• Understanding of:• Genomic data and systems
• Clinical or laboratory workflows and quality processes
This post provides the opportunity to join a collaboration at the forefront of transforming and shaping genomics services for the future. If you would like to join us on our exciting journey, then we would welcome your interest and application. For a confidential discussion please call John Fraser, Data and Informatics Director on 07935 208316
Full Time 37 Hours 30 Minutes/Week
Interview Date:- Tuesday, 19 October 2021
This advert closes on Monday 4 Oct 2021
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident