Youth support worker
20 September 2021
£19,000 to £29,000 per year, pro rata
20 October 2021
Rotherham, South Yorkshire
Grove Social Care Ltd
Apply for this job
Are you looking for a new career?
Do you feel you would be suited to working with young people but do not have any experience?
Or are you looking for your next role within the care sector?
We are looking for resilient, motivated, and empathetic individuals to help support Looked after young people aged 11-18 develop the skills towards independence.
Who are we?
We are an agency that recruit temporary staff to work with companies who deliver care, support and accommodation to children and young people aged 11 to 18 within the care sector.
What does the role involve?
No two days are the same in this challenging yet rewarding position. The role may involve:
• Helping to teach young people essential life skills, such as cooking, cleaning, budgeting, and booking appointments.
• Building up a trusting relationship and providing emotional support to young people who may have complex needs and present challenging behaviour.
• Support the young people to develop healthy lifestyles, positive relationships, self-esteem, and confidence.
• Helping towards keeping a safe, secure, and clean, living environment.
• Attend review meetings and keep other agencies up to date with important information regarding the young person.
• Follow policies, risk assessments, and keep up to date with daily paperwork.
The right person will be:
• A positive role model with high morals and values.
• Able to deal with challenging behaviour and stay calm under pressure.
• Patient and understanding
• A good communicator and listener
• Proactive and hard working
• Have a good sense of humour
Previous experience is beneficial; however, we welcome applicants that we feel would have the right characteristics, aptitude, and life skills to work with young people. Full training will be provided prior to starting.
Applicants must be over the age of 22
The hours may be up to 15 hours per shift. You may also be required to sleep-in on shifts from 2300 hours to 0800 hours. A typical shift may be from 0900 hours to 0900 hours the next day.
Working with young people in various homes across the locality. Applicants must be willing to travel within the county.
Salary & Benefits:
• Daily support hours between 0800 – 2300 are £9ph for employed and £10ph for self-employed,
• Fixed allowance of £50 per sleep-in
• Additional pay for bank holidays to be determined when necessary.
• Flexible working hours, so you choose when you want to work.
• Weekly pay
We are committed to the safeguarding of young people, so we require all applicants to obtain an enhanced DBS check unless you already have a current DBS on the update service that checks both the child and adult workforce.
Apply for this job