We are recruiting staff for a Children’s residential home. Initially you will work through Cream Care. If you like the home and the children and the staff like you, you will be offered a permanent job. A great way to make sure the role is for you.
As a Support Worker, you will be providing a combination of support and domestic care. You will be empathetic and understanding of the trauma those in your care have suffered which can manifest in to challenging behaviours.
The home has five children living there. One of the children has complex medical needs so you will be trained to deliver medication to meet his needs. You will work a long day followed by a sleepover. You will then have two days off before our next shift – giving you great work/life balance
To fit with the role of Children’s Support Worker you will:
• Have a minimum of six months experience in the child care sector – providing support to children with emotional needs and be accustomed to the challenging behaviour they can exhibit, or transferable skills from experience as a Support Worker with adults with learning difficulties
• Have an enhanced DBS for Children and Young People either with the update service or willing to pay £45 for your DBS. Don’t worry we will encourage you to register with the update service once received.
• Have a passion to deliver great care and support.
• Full driving licence
• Have the energy to play games and join in with the children
• Dignity – a commitment that you will treat all children with dignity and respect
• You will enjoy preparing meals and take your meals with the children
• Cheerful – to wow the children and keep them happy.
• Good spoken English – the children love to chat and you will be reassuring them with little chats whilst encouraging them to play games and enjoy social activities
• Record Keeping – you will keep all records up to date as you move from one client to another
The home is keen that staff have completed a course of an authorised COVID-19 Vaccine and have evidence of this.
Interested? Please apply now or call us for a chat. Looking forward to hearing from you.