Kickstart - IT Support Technician
20 September 2021
14 November 2021
DWP Kickstart Scheme
Apply for this job
To apply for this job, you must be claiming Universal Credit and 16 to 24 years old.
Merge IT Limited
Merge IT is a growing Technology Service Provider who is looking to grow its team with the appointment of a new IT Support Technician
Due to the uptake of the cloud services within our customers and ever changing IT landscape, this role is a critical to the continued development of our company.
We will offer extensive on the job training, exposure to a number of new technologies,
a varied set of daily responsibilities coupled with an interesting and tailored career development path.
We will also offer a dedicated time to develop new skills
As IT Support Technician you will be responsible for:
1. Performing daily BAU activities
2. Managing support tickets
3. Managing customer requests and urgent activities
4. Occasional customer or Data centre site visits
True passion for computers.
problem solving skills
and good technical knowledge.
Proactive approach to IT support,
Experience in customer service
· Cyber security exposure
· Office 365
· Windows support
25h per week - to be increased to full time employment 9am-3pm
ADDITIONAL EMPLOYABILITY SUPPORT
1. Direction to the free Open University Cyber Security training
2. A webinar coving CV writing and interview techniques
3. Seven Modules of a Cyber Security Course.
Each module will be of a half day duration. The course has been specifically designed to break through the jargon that so often introduces mystique into cyber security and information governance.
The first half day module consists of an interactive exercise which goes through the phases of a common cyber-attack. This exercise will put into context the importance of the modules that follow.
The additional modules cover:
• Identification and management of Information assets
• Risk assessments and risk management
• Data Protection considerations for SME Businesses
• People security in relation to good information governance
• Cyber Essentials
• Disaster recovery and business continuity
4. A Cyber Essentials Assessor course – this means they will be able to then do basic level CE assessments if they also pass the free Assessor Skills exam and have more than 3 years’ experience in IT or Cyber Security. But even if they do not have those pre-requisites and cannot be an assessor they will be able to help and work towards that.
Apply for this job