We’re looking to speak with Electrical Engineer to work on a highly regulated site in Chester. You will provide discipline specific engineering services within the Engineering department to ensure the delivery of safe, cost effective projects.
Undertake activities across the project / engineering cycle, including requirements capture, optioneering, design delivery, review/approval of design deliverables, management of installation/construction, testing/commissioning and handover. Also provide technical guidance and support in areas of expertise.
- Good understanding of Engineering and Construction design/controls within the Nuclear Licensed site arena.
- Completion of Engineering-based graduate scheme (3-4 years) or equivalent, followed by significant demonstrable experience within a heavily regulated industry
Specific know how and technical skills
- Understanding and application of up to date industrial practices related to discipline-specific engineering, including safety through design.
- Working knowledge of other Engineering disciplines, technologies, plant systems and processes that are present on site.
- Working knowledge of international and UK standards relating to engineering and design related to discipline-specific engineering within the nuclear industry.
- Appreciation of current health and safety legislation.
- Excellent IT skills including Windows and Microsoft applications, Documentum and SAP.
- Ability to use or learn to use specialist software packages (e.g., system modeling packages).
- Capable of producing high quality technical documentation including functional and technical specifications and project documentation.
- Ability to maintain and develop own technical knowledge to ensure the best, cost effective and safe solutions are proposed and implemented.
- Ability to assess problems, feasibility and develop practical solutions.
- Capable of exercising authority in the control of contractors and suppliers.
- Good communication, reporting, presentation, negotiation and customer facing skills.
Purpose of the Engineering department:
- To maintain the Client’s Design Authority arrangements, including:
- Design & Engineering Standards
- Engineering support to the wider organisation
- Configuration Management and Design Control
- Design Authority approval of changes
- To deliver Engineering projects (capital & revenue), including:
- Requirements capture
- Optioneering and design
- Specification and Procurement
- Commissioning & Handover
- Project Support services
Key internal and external relations
- Delivering projects and engineering on behalf of customers.
- Maintaining effective supplier relationships to enable delivery
- Interface with Group and other sites
- Degree in relevant discipline-specific Engineering.
- Incorporated or Chartered status preferred, although having an action plan in place to achieve one of these would be acceptable.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident