We are looking to recruit a Goods in Administrator to work in the Goods in Team at Trentham on a rotating 07:00-15:00 and 15:00-23:00 shift The role:
- Accurately taking the incoming delivery details over the phone, and communicating this information with goods-inwards managers, operatives and incoming drivers. Maintaining a pleasant, professional manner when dealing with internal and external customers is essential.
- Updating spreadsheets with delivery information. Using several spreadsheets at once. Recording and inputting the delivery conformance data. Dealing with queries, resolving delivery discrepancies from Screwfix supply chain, Screwfix Vendor performance and Screwfix Suppliers.
- Maintaining accurate records of inbound transfer trailers coming on-site, the trailer contents and administrating the trailer movements from yard to bay to offsite. Physical check of goods-in yard.
- Progressing overdue purchase orders, housekeeping on Matflo. Therefore, previous knowledge of RDT / Matflo would be advantageous.
- Collating and packing stock for return to suppliers for RTV where attention to detail is required to meet customer requirements regarding manifests and stock quantities.
- Any other reasonable duties as required by the goods-in admin manager
- Maintaining Health and Safety good practice. Complying with site rules and procedures at all times.
- Well-organised and analytical with a sound knowledge of the principles of warehouse operations
- Good knowledge and understanding of MS Excel
- High attention to detail
- Customer-focussed with excellent communication skills
- Organised and the ability to prioritise workload to ensure that all deadlines are hit
- Ability to influence and persuade others
- Confident problem solver
- Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
- Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.The good news is that our continued success and business growth has opened up an exciting opportunity for a People Advisor at our Trentham site.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident