Fuel Tanker Driver - Class 1, ADR 3 - Kingsbury
Wincanton are recruiting for experienced LGV Class 1 Tanker Drivers to join our EnergyLink team at Kingsbury
- £40,160.76 per annum
- 48 hours per week
- ADR Class 3 flammables in tanks essential
- PDP, forecourt & commercial fuel experience would be an advantage, however training can be provided for the right candidate
Working 4 days out of 7 on a rotational shift pattern including days and nights, start times as follows:
- Days – starting at 0400
- Nights – starting at 1600
- Overtime paid at time (after 12 hours per day)
- Bank Holiday Rate – double time + a day off in lieu or triple time (except Good Friday)
- Monthly pay
- Essential DCPC training
- 20 days (working 4 days per week) - Paid holiday entitlement
- Access to company pension scheme
- RAC discount
- High street, Online Stores and Restaurant Discounts
For every driver that you refer, you can earn an impressive £1,000 (subject to conditions)
Main duties of the role will be loading from within the network of local fuel terminals and delivering to a variety of retail and commercial customers, up to 2-3 drops per day.
- To advise the depot of any problems, changes to schedule etc.
- To ensure the organisation and accurate completion of all related paperwork
- To ensure compliance with all transport driver legislation and with company and site policies and procedures
- To avoid stock damage in line with company and site procedures
- To undertake the necessary training in order to carry out your role in a safe and efficient manner
- To ensure that all training (especially related to Health and Safety) is adhered to at all times
- To appropriately report any personal injury, accident or damage to any equipment, Machinery, premises or stock
- To be flexible in the undertaking of your duties as may be reasonably required for the effective operation of the function
- To contribute towards the improvement of processes/methods of operating practices
- Ensure you are the driving force behind delivering exceptional customer service
- Carrying out deliveries for our contract, whilst following socially distanced conditions in line with government guidelines regarding Covid-19.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Must hold a valid LGV Class 1 licence
- Must have minimum 1 years Class 1 driving experience
- Must have a valid ADR Class 3 flammables in tanks
- Must not have more than 6 points on your licence
- Must hold a valid Driver CPC licence
- Must hold a valid digital tachograph card
- Must hold a Petroleum Driver Passport (PDP)
- Must have experience of fuel delivery.
- Ideally to be inducted at the local fuel terminals (ESSO, BP, Valero, WOSL)
- You will need to be enthusiastic, reliable, helpful and organised
- Flexibility and the will to learn new skills and to undertake new challenges
- You will have a proactive and committed approach towards all aspects of the job and ensure high standards in health and safety, customer service and legal compliance are met and exceeded
- Able to navigate your way around the UK and plan your day accordingly
- Manual handling will be required when lifting and connecting the delivery hose
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company, we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do, and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident