Kickstart - Marketing Assistant
01 October 2021
28 October 2021
DWP Kickstart Scheme
Apply for this job
To apply for this job, you must be claiming Universal Credit and 16 to 24 years old.
Corn Exchange Newbury
We’re looking for a Marketing Assistant to join our marketing team. You’ll get a great introduction to working in arts marketing and will assist the team with a variety of jobs - from maintaining the website, to editing images, to writing copy and helping to create our season brochure.
The team delivers a range of marketing activity to sell tickets for all events at the Corn Exchange, Learning Centre, The Base and 101 including theatre, film, dance, comedy, family shows, exhibitions and outdoor events, as well as promoting off-stage activity such as fundraising and learning and participation activities, together with the organisation as a whole.
We are seeking a self-starter with great motivation and energy. Key to this role is excellent organisation and great written and verbal communication skills. This position is ideal for someone who is looking to start their career in arts marketing.
We offer training to our staff members to help them enhance their skills and progress and have a strong focus on wellbeing within the organisation. There is the opportunity to join one of our staff working groups – Environmental Action, Equality and Diversity, Fundraising, and Wellbeing and you will be invited to experience sharing of new shows in development.
• Assisting with the management of the Corn Exchange’s websites
• Creating content for Corn Exchange’s marketing emails
• Updating external listings sites
• Assisting on social media campaigns
• Being aware of upcoming media from visiting companies and circulating across web and social media
• Resizing images, adverts and other items as required
• Assisting with the production of print - proof reading, sourcing images and copy
• Ensuring print and Front of House displays are all up to date
Visiting Companies Marketing
• Ensuring visiting companies’ resources are reflected on print, online, in emails and social media
• Supporting the marketing team on overall season campaign fulfillment
Press, PR & Radio
• Assisting with writing creative press releases and other press opportunities
• Working with the marketing team to organise and attend press events
• Monitoring sales for upcoming shows and work with the marketing team to maximise attendance and ticket income for individual events
• Working proactively and creatively with the marketing team and all other staff, generating ideas and strategy for building new audiences
no essential skills needed
Monday to Friday 0900 - 14.00
National Minimum wage
ADDITIONAL EMPLOYABILITY SUPPORT
We will provide in house support and seek training and skills development opportunities via other providers
This may include:
CV and cover letter writing
Application form filling
Basic personal finance management
Health & Safety
Oral and Written Communication skills
Teamwork and Collaboration
Apply for this job