The ideal Customs Coordinator may already be part of a busy Customs Declaration Team or working within a similar Transport / Freight Forwarding or other business operational environment.
You will already possess a passion for the Transport or C&E arena and be able to demonstrate the right business mindset along with team engagement and ability to be innovative and operationally astute.
Reporting to the Customs Team Leader, the successful candidate’s role will also include and be accountable for the following responsibilities:
Location: Flexible. Home working can be considered as can flexible and part-time hours.
How will you contribute?
What will you bring?
- Completion of all aspects of customs declarations, submissions and Import / Export entries
- Complete customs entries from start to finish
- Ability to react and deal with queries quickly and efficiently
- To ensure full compliance of Customs Documentation for Air, Sea & Road freight shipments (Imports & Exports)
- Utilising / learning knowledge of customs tariffs, CPC codes and security declarations to ensure shipments are cleared in a timely manner
- Accurate completion of daily customs related paperwork in-line with company policy and procedures. Raising issues of any non-compliance with Peers and ensure remedial action is completed
- Support and advise customers on all international import / export requirements especially with new processes brought upon by EU exit
- To ensure the business is constantly compliant with all HMRC processes and any changes to legislation are implemented throughout the business
- General administration duties and to assist / support in the completion of day-to-day operational activities
What do we offer?
- Ability to quickly & compliantly clear Road, Sea & Air Freight Shipments.
- Freight forwarding experience would be desirable
- Excellent administration skills
- Attention to detail to ensure accurate records maintained
- Identify areas for continuous improvement
- Ability to work under strict timescales and work under own initiative
- Good problem-solving skills
- IT literacy to include Excel, Word & Outlook
- Team player, self-motivated, flexible and confident
- Willingness to want to learn new skills and embrace new ideas
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, generous holidays, cycle to work scheme ,employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking + much more
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident