Head of Customer Service
We are One Housing and we create places for people to call home and support them to live well. With a breadth of services and expertise to help people whatever their housing, care, or support needs.
The One Housing Customer Services teams are friendly, knowledgeable and we love what we do. We are proud of our expertise and passionate about the high-quality, service we deliver to all of our customers.
We offer our colleagues a friendly, collaborative workplace and the chance to build a rewarding career with a not-for-profit organisation that is proud to make a genuine difference to people’s lives, each and every day.
Join our Customer Service team as the Head of Customer Service
Our Customer Services teams play a central role in achieving our vision. Our teams include our Customer Contact Centre and specialist teams like income collection, rent and service charges and resident management. Often acting as a first-point of contact for our customers we prize our accountability, empathy and a genuine self-desire to be helpful and informative.
We’re an organisation with strong values. We keep our promises; we do a great job; we value diversity; we work together; and we look for ways to improve. These are what make us such a great team, working together as one to achieve our vision.
We have a fantastic opportunity for someone to join us in the position of Head of Customer Service in Camden. This role will have hybrid working with occasional travel to the Millwall office as well. Your responsibilities will include:
- To be responsible to the Assistant Director of Customer Experience as a Head of Service for the management of a single Customer Service Centre for One Housing, which includes the management of the Customer Service Managers and their respective service functions.
- To help deliver the corporate plan ‘Creating places to call home’ and the Customer Experience Strategy and be an exemplary lead for customer service excellence across the business.
- To establish a true first port of call for all customer interaction from end to end, managing all the contacts coming into the business including phone calls, post, email and social media into one single channel.
- Working closely with the Operations directorate and other directorates to ensure the service meets their aims and caters for their customers
- Deliver an improved customer service through successful, efficient and professional transactions that will build our reputation and trust.
- Modernise the existing service provision through a continuous improvement approach support the implementation of new IT solutions, maximising the benefits of it for both colleagues and customers.
- Develop processes and improvements that leads to a reduction in the number of formal complaints received and create ways to find quicker solutions for customers.
What you will need to succeed
We are looking for someone who believes in working together as part of a team, who shares our values and who is positive and friendly. The successful candidate will:
- Management experience of teams to achieve high performance targets and excellent customer service.
- Wider understanding and insight into property/housing management related functions.
- High level IT skills to optimise work, communications and working in an agile way.
- Scheduling and resource management experience and an ability to lead teams
- Ability to build effective links with all relevant stakeholders both within One Housing and externally.
- A continuous service improvement culture and root cause problem solving.
- Flexible, creative and dynamic, able to adapt and lead on change and modernisation programmes.
Our Life@One benefits offer you an array of perks designed with your wellbeing in mind.
- Salary: £60-65,000
- Your holidays are important to us. Take up to 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Lean travel. Spread the cost of your commute with a season ticket loans and our Cycle2Work scheme, open to all colleagues
- Looking forward to your big bucket list trip? You can buy or sell up to five days annual leave each year.
- Get paid to do good. We offer you two days off on full pay each year to volunteer in our communities.
- Well done! With our colleague recognition programme you will know when you’ve done a #greatjob
- Learning never stops. One Academy, our innovative, in-house learning and development offering is designed to help you take your career to the next level.
- We’re here for you. Our employee assistance programme offers counselling and support for you and your family 24/7.
- Stay book-smart. Take up to five paid days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
- Experience new things. We offer you a career break after 3 years’ continuous service.
As an organisation with a strong social purpose, One Housing works in some of the most diverse communities in the UK and their workforce reflects that. We understand the strength we gain from having and supporting our diverse teams. The different skills and experiences that our colleagues from different backgrounds bring to us allow us to make better decisions, consider different views and be an altogether more interesting and cohesive place to work.
We welcome applications from everyone.
Apply today for a fulfilling career in our Customer Services team.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident