We are recruiting a Cook to join our The Huntercombe Brain Injury Rehabilitation and Neurological Care Centre - Nottingham.
The centre is located on the outskirts of Hucknall and provides long-term person-centred care and support for male and female adults (aged 18+ years), with either a brain injury or complex neurological condition.
This is a part time job working 28.5 hours per week, which is 3 days per week (8am to 6pm) on a rota to include weekends and Bank Holidays. We pay £8.91 per hour.
- Preparing, cooking and serving food of the highest standards and which is appropriate to and meets the needs of the residents, staff and visitors
- Regularly reviewing the menus in line with residents, staff and visitors requirements, including the provision of special diets (with respect to allergies, other health related issues and cultural reasons)
- Communicating effectively with residents, staff and visitors to ensure the provision of relevant, appealing, balanced and healthy diets
- To develop a positive relationship with all residents, staff and other visitors to the home by becoming an integral part of the team
- Ensuring the effective ordering, control and review of raw materials, labour, equipment and supplies and keeping costs in line with agreed budgets and value for money
To join The Huntercombe Group as a Cook you will have:
- A good knowledge of food hygiene and food preparation
- NVQ level 2 in catering (minimum)
- A positive attitude and a desire to deliver the best possible service to patients in our care.
- A flexible and adaptable attitude
Please note regulations are changing; from 11th November 2021, all care home workers regardless of contracted hours or status, and anyone entering a CQC regulated care home, will need to be fully vaccinated, unless they are exempt under the regulations. Anyone who enters a care home for a job interview must also show proof of vaccination unless they are exempt. If someone intends to have the vaccination but is not yet vaccinated, interviews will take place outside of the care home or remotely (via video call or telephone).
Please take a look at our progressive and rewarding benefits package
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Maternity leave at 3 month’s full pay and 3 month’s half pay, (up to a max salary of £50k)
- 2 week’s paid paternity leave
- Shared parental leave, matching the maternity leave benefit
- A thorough Induction Programme tailored to the hospital where you will be working
- Clear pay structure, with competitive rates
- Generous Annual Leave entitlement
- Sick pay of 4 weeks full pay and 4 weeks half pay
- The opportunity to participate in a company contributory pension scheme with up to 3% matching
- Death in service benefit equivalent to 2 x salary
- A range of staff discounts
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
We welcome applications from everyone irrespective of ethnic origin, gender, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, disability or social background. This is a great opportunity for someone to make a difference.
For a more detailed job spec please take a look at our Website where you can also read some inspiring stories and find out why working at Huntercombe really sets us apart from the rest.
Huntercombe Group is one of the leading specialist healthcare providers, with hospital and centres throughout England and Scotland, delivering wide ranging services in adult mental health and learning disabilities, specialist brain injury, child and adolescent mental health services (CAMHS) including eating disorders and social care for children with special needs.
Our aspiration is to nurture the world, one person at a time and that’s why everything we do is designed to provide the best care and recovery for our patients and residents.
We’re proud to have recruited some of the most experienced doctors, nurses and therapists in their fields and alongside our supportive stable Management structure we hope that it’s you that can help make a difference to our excellent teams and workforce.