Business Development Consultant
Have you got great people skills and a passion for recruitment?
Would you like to work in a customer facing role and make a positive impact on people and their communities?
Salary: £27,000 - £33,000 per annum
Contract: Full time, permanent
Our client is a public service provider specialising in skills training for the long-term unemployed, increasing employment opportunities by working with employers and providing youth services.
What the job is about?
Business Development Consultants are responsible for creating and identifying new business opportunities within the local area by developing strong working relationships with employers and bringing on board new employment opportunities for people on our clients employability programmes.
What's in it for you?
Alongside a generous base salary, you will have access to our clients wider career development framework and payment progression plans. With the chance to dramatically make a difference to the local community, this role offers immense job satisfaction.
Required Skills & Experience
- At least one year's experience of and track record of working in a B2B sales, account management or business development role.
- Experience of working as part of a service delivery team.
- Such attributes as: Challenge and Resilience, Flexibility and Adaptability, Honesty and Integrity, Impactful Communication, Planning and Decision Making, Selling and Influencing.
- A minimum of 2 A-Levels or an equivalent Level 3 Diploma
- GCSE English Language at a minimum of a Grade B (or equivalent Level 2 qualification). OR achievement of a Level 2 in Literacy Assessment at interview stage.
- Experience of working in recruitment, publicly funded services or other similar sectors.
- Interest in people and willingness to go the extra mile.
- Interest in career and personal development
Disability Confident Commitment
Our clients aims to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. They offer an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident