General Manager Coffee Room Scarborough
SSP is the leading dedicated operator of food and beverage brands in travel locations worldwide, serving millions of customers every week across 33 countries with 37000 colleagues. You'll recognise our brands such as Upper Crust, Millie's Cookies, Caffe Ritazza, Delice De France and we also franchise with high street brands running operations for (licenced) Starbucks, Marks & Spencer Simply Food, Burger King. This means lots of exciting career opportunities for you!
We are hiring an experienced General Manager to lead the team at Coffee Room Scarborough.
Joining SSP as a General Manager in one of our exciting global brands is a challenge that offers great benefits and opportunities to grow and, the chance to take your career to a whole new level within SSP.
You will use your previous management experience to provide crucial leadership and guidance for your team, managing the daily operation of a busy, quick service and high volume food business. You will be responsible for every aspect affecting the P&L - driving sales and controlling costs, whilst upholding the outstanding levels of customer service and operational standards for which SSP are renowned.
You will be managing a team of up to 4 staff, coaching, mentoring and motivating them to develop their skills and provide exceptional levels of service. You will also be passionately ensuring the quality of products served to our customers exceeds their expectations and meets strict 'brand' standards, carrying out various checks and audits of your processes and procedures.
Life in a service station isn't '9-5'. You'll be someone who enjoys the flexibility of working shifts which can start early or finish late. This is a full time role, which is 40 hours per week working any 5 out of 7 days.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have
- Previous experience of managing multiple stores and a diverse team of people in a high-volume, fast-paced, branded bakery, restaurant or similar quick service food environment.
- Knowledge of the standards and structured processes required to work within a brand with good audit / mystery customer results to show for it.
- Previous experience of the financial controls required when running a unit - GP, labour and waste controls, driving sales, speed of service and ATV.
- Proven experience in coaching and developing your team to deliver against financial and operational targets.
- A passion for delivering great customer service and exceeding expectations.
Join us as a General Manager and you'll not only be running a large successful operation, but will also be part of a bigger SSP management team operating other successful brands within the same site.
In return for your skills and experience, we offer you a rewarding and vibrant working environment, real and achievable career opportunities and excellent training and development to enhance your existing skills. You'll receive a salary of £25K p.a. plus bonus incentive, pension scheme, 28 days holiday, discounted meals, discounts off SSP brands and numerous other retailers and services and lots of opportunities to develop your career in to different brands or more senior management roles, with our award winning and accredited management development programmes.