Calling all Project Managers!!!
Buckinghamshire Healthcare Trust provides acute, community and specialist healthcare services to patients across the county of Buckinghamshire, and neighbouring areas. We have over 6,000 highly trained doctors, nurses, midwives, health visitors, therapists, healthcare scientists and other support staff caring for more than half a million patients every year. Our patients are at the heart of everything that we do, and our aim is to provide safe and compassionate care, every time. Our focus is on providing right care, right place, right time, first time and everything we do is aimed at delivering high-quality care when and where our patients need it.
Would you like to be part of a Trust that value, recognise and celebrate staff members? Who work as a team to provide a high-level service? If yes, Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust is the place for you.
We have placement opportunity available for a Project Manager based trust wide but will be initially based at Stoke Mandeville Hospital (HP21 8AL) or Wycombe Hospital (HP11 2TT). Please note you must have a driving license so you can visit sites.
Pay: £22.76 p/h
Duration: ASAP until March 2022 (10 months)
The working hours for this role are full time (37.5 hours per week) and you would be required to work within Monday to Friday.
The main purpose of the role is to manage the provision of an effective, efficient and well coordinated Capital Programme for Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust, managing all aspects of the pre-construction stage through to completion, including specially assigned tasks, major/complex projects and day to day operations, to ensure, by the efficient use of resources that projects are delivered on time and within budget through recognised project management related control measures.
The role responsibilities:
- Produce or arrange for design drawings and specifications for projects delegated by Project Programme and Clinical Manager and Contracts Manager, or senior management team.
- Assist with the preparation of bids for major/complex Capital schemes.
- Formulate briefs for external consultants commissioned by the Trust for Capital schemes.
- Act as the appointed Project Manager for small and medium Capital Schemes.
- Ensure all designs comply with all national building standards, in particular, building regulations, planning legislation, and all DoH Estate Guidance (HTM’s, HBN’s, Firecode, etc).
- To produce regular reporting for submission to the Property Services Capital management Group. Provide monitoring for the approved projects including progress and highlighting any significant changes or risks.
- Monitor Capital Budget on a weekly basis producing fortnightly progress reports for the Senior Management Team (Capital Division), including forecasts.
- Ensure that contracts are carried out efficiently and effectively with regard to cost, time and quality dimensions, to the satisfaction of the senior management team.
- Ensure that tender and contract documents are prepared to a satisfactory standard, and administered within the BHT SFI policy.
- Carry out tender analysis and manage budgets accurately on each project.
- Assist to develop the reputation of the Property Services Directorate and advise the Project Programme and Clinical Manager of new business opportunities..
We are looking for following experience and qualifications:
- Competitive Pay Rates - work this week, get paid next week!
- First choice of placements at over 50 NHS Trusts in England
- Dedicated consultants
- Flexible working options
- Free DBS and free training
- Build holiday allowance
- Support when you need it – 24/7 365 days
- Stakeholder pension scheme
Who are NHS Professionals?
NHS Professionals (NHSP), owned by the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC), works in partnership with hospital trusts to provide a bank of highly skilled temporary workers who want to work flexibly within the NHS.
Working through the NHSP bank means Trusts don’t have to rely on expensive agencies. Right now, we have over 126,000 members registered on our bank from various roles, grades and specialities, saving the NHS over £70 million each year. This money is then reinvested back into the NHS.
Register today for various flexible working options and long-term placement opportunities.
Please note, you will be contacted by email throughout the recruitment process, so please check your emails, including your junk/spam regularly. We regret we cannot contact everyone who is not selected for an interview, therefore if you do not hear from us within 21 days after submitting your application, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
Please note that if a suitable role is not immediately available, we (NHS Professionals) will keep your details on file for 12 months, unless you advise us that youobject to this.
Please note that your personal contact details will be shared with the Buckinghamshire Trust for the purpose of contacting you for shortlisting and to set up an interview with you if you are selected.
If you would like more information on the processing of your data by NHS Professionals, please see our privacy notice.