Job Title and Grade: Bank Catering Services Band 2
Location/Trust: Herefordshire andWorcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust
Pay Rates: Days: £9.49ph Saturdays/Nights: £13.38ph Sunday/Bank Hols: £17.37ph
Would you like to work within a trust where they are dedicated with ensuring that all employees have the right values to provide the best service to patients? Would you like to be part of a team at a Trust rated ‘good’ in a recent CQC report?
If you answered ‘yes’ to the above, we would love to hear from you!
Herefordshire andWorcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust is a leading provider of community nursing, therapy, and mental health services to people of all ages throughout our county.
We believe our staff are our biggest asset. We want to develop a positive, inclusive, and caring culture that engages and inspires all our staff, with a clear focus on improvement and advancing equality of opportunity.
Catering services are now recruiting across the county and provides anopportunity to work in a busy and varied environment, alongside clinical and other non-clinical colleagues to make a positive contribution to our patients and staff experience.
Excellent transport links mean their location is commutable from Birmingham, Herefordshire, Gloucestershire, and Warwickshire.
- Follow strictly timed work schedules to ensure smooth operations of other departments, relaying any information given that may impact on other services.
- Maintain a high standard for all food and beverage preparation including hot, cold, and ambient items.
- Operate the regeneration process according to mandatory standards.
- Serving meals ensuring the products are aesthetically presented and that they follow menu choices, dietary requirements, and correct portion size at all times.
- Ensure catering area is tidied and cleaned after use.
- Sack holders / bins must be kept clean inside and out and the bin liners replaced.
- Clean and replenish patient water jugs, prepare meal service trollies, and wash crockery, cutlery and glasses where required.
- Replenish ward stores, counters, and vending machines, where applicable.
- Replenish all consumables e.g. hand towels, blue roll, washing up liquid, hand sanitisers, dishwashing detergents, and rinse aids as and when necessary.
- Provide catering services to other sites within the Trust as may be required and to work flexibly and support other areas as part of the broader team where workloads and priorities demand specific inputs.
Benefits of working Bank
In return for your hard work commitment NHS Professionals (NHSP) can offer you some fantastic benefits:
- Competitive Pay Rates - work this week, get paid next week!
- Build holiday allowance for every shift you work
- Support when you need it – 24/7 365 days – Call us anytime on 03332 407 552
- Stakeholder pension scheme
Who are NHS Professionals?
NHS Professionals (NHSP), owned by the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC), works in partnership with hospital trusts to provide a bank of highly skilled temporary workers who want to work flexibly within the NHS.
Working through the NHSP bank means Trusts do not have to rely on expensive agencies. Right now, we have over 130,000 members registered on our bank from various roles, grades, and specialities, saving the NHS over £70 million each year. This money is then reinvested back into the NHS.
Register today for various flexible shifts and long-term placement opportunities.
Please note this Job role is not open to agencies so I kindly request I am not contacted by any third parties in relation to this role.
For more information on the roles or details on how to join NHS Professionals, simply get in touch with Helenna Butler, Trust Recruitment Coordinator on 01905 681781 or email email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you soon.
COVID-19 vaccination remains the best way to protect yourself, your family, your colleagues and of course patients from the virus when working in our healthcare settings. Whilst COVID-19 vaccination is not currently a condition of employment, we do encourage our bank members who are not clinically exempt from vaccination to get vaccinated.
Please note, you will be contacted by email throughout the recruitment process, so please check your emails, including your junk/spam regularly. We regret we cannot contact everyone who is not selected for an interview, therefore if you do not hear from us within 21 days after submitting your application, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.