Project Engineer – Manufacturing
£19.58 per hour
Purpose of the role:
To own and coordinate within the Manufacturing Engineering department the manufacturing deliverables within all stages of the Product Commercialisation Process (PCP) for new product platforms, customised products and continuous improvement projects to achieve designed for manufacturing products with safe, sustainable, LEAN and cost-efficient production processes.
Accountable and Responsible for:
• All Manufacturing deliverables to supplement/support PCP projects to ensure compliance and alignment with current strategies
• PCP Projects being delivered on time, to standard and within budget
• Determine PCP project budget requirements for manufacturing and provide financial accountability for manufacturing expenses
• Participating in project team meetings and presenting manufacturing projects status to site management team
• Utilisation of project management methodologies and techniques to successfully manage the manufacturing implementation of PCP projects during ALPHA, BETA, Pre-Production and Release phases
• Coordinate the development and modification of the manufacturing processes for new systems and platforms
• Assessment of Design for Manufacture (DFM) of all new assemblies created through PCP projects providing guidance to engineering to collaboratively develop designs in-line with current factory/cell capabilities and strategies
• Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA) assessments for all new manufactured assemblies from PCP projects
• Coordinate and manage layout modifications of the manufacturing system to assist new manufactured assemblies from PCP projects
• Make/Buy decisions for PCP projects in-line with Make/Buy Strategy
• Make/Buy decisions for PCP projects in-line with current procurement outsourcing activities
• Creation of new jigs, fixtures and tooling to support PCP projects
• Creation of associated supporting documentation (process/procedure)
• Coordination within manufacturing and other departments to drive continuous improvement
• Risk assessments in support of PCP projects for new and effected existing activities
• Appropriate storage of all work created to allow Team access and visibility
• Continuous Improvement of the Manufacturing System through contributions within Team meetings
• The input to the top-level factory strategy to ensure understanding and alignment and required support to achieve objectives
• Manufacturing Make/Buy strategy
• Manufacturing Cell Strategies based on current and future PCP project knowledge/visibility
• The maintenance of the Make/Buy strategy ensuring core assemblies and activities align with ongoing PCP projects
• Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA) assessments of existing manufactured assemblies
• Ongoing process/procedure continuous improvement activities to the associated Manufacturing System
Qualifications and Experience:
Significant experience in a Manufacturing and Engineering environment
Experience of Lean Manufacturing
Experience of introducing new products to the manufacturing process
Experience of customisations to client specifications
Proman acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
View our latest jobs today on our website www.proman-uk.com and follow us on LinkedIn.
The UK has now left the European Union. Any EU, EEA or Swiss citizens living in the UK that wish to remain in the UK post Brexit need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme. Please visit our resource section on our website for more information.
Proman recognises the value of a diverse workforce that reflects the multitude of different people in our society. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and characteristics including individuals with disabilities and those from BAME communities.