Job Title: Welder
We are looking for someone to collaborate with us on our transformation journey and make a positive impact on our business.
The difference the Welder will make,
The successful individual will be working in a small but highly effective team where the highest of standards will be expected from both a technical and behavioural perspective.
Your key responsibilities will include:
* Welding of large high strength, quenched and tempered Steel assemblies for the defence industry.
* Welding of assemblies used for lifting and handling in the defence industry.
* Experience of positional welding using FCAW and solid Wire pulse MAG is essential.
* Welds are subject to full NDT including volumetric Ultrasonic and radiographic examination.
* Welding using mechanised and automatic (Robotic) welding processes
Who we're looking for:
If you're someone for whom collaboration and working in partnership comes naturally. You will be a self-starter who wants to make a positive impact on a daily basis.
* Time served apprenticeship or similar in welding/fabrication.
* Evidence of previously held coding's to recognised European/American standards
* Working to high quality standards.
* Capable of reading complex fabrication drawings.
* Experience of welding in the defence industry is desirable.
Skills and attributes:
* Used to working to tight deadlines
* Able to work on own initiative
* Experienced working safely within health and safety boundaries
* Team player who can work in a close knit team
Education and qualifications
* Lifting and Slinging experience and associated qualification
What else do I need to know?
* All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK and be subject to satisfactory security clearance which includes 3 years reference checks. Verification of any qualifications/passport/licences must be shown at interview stage.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview
If you are currently employed by Babcock/Cavendish Nuclear please let your line manager know that you're applying for this vacancy. You should also let them know if you are attending an interview or assessment for a role.
Please note that you will not be able to access the vacancy details after the closing date so you may wish to keep a copy of this advert and any supporting documents for your records.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.