Contracts Manager ( Waste / Clean Water )
06 June 2021
£65,000.00 to £75,000.00 per year
06 July 2021
Anglo Technical Recruitment
Apply for this job
Job Title : Contracts Manager ( Waste / Clean Water )
Location : Manchester
Salary : £55,000 - £65,000
To be responsible for the day-to-day management of the company's Waste and Clean Water Capital Infrastructure projects nationwide.
The individual will have overall responsibility for programme management, ensuring programme requirements are met whilst working in line with both Company and divisional objectives and achieving the client and customer aspirations and expectations. To manage a portfolio of projects to achieve targets in respect of safety, time, cost, quality and customer satisfaction.
• Provide solutions for customer projects, inputting into design, drawings, schematics and specifications
• Provide technical knowledge on water projects to all departments
• Technical lead on Clean and Waste Water projects.
• Accountable for the successful management of a portfolio of projects, attending pre-start meetings, devising a strategic programme of works at the start of the contract and continually monitoring progress to ensure projects achieve targets in respect of safety, time, cost, quality and customer satisfaction.
• Responsible for preparation and effective management of projects producing the overall Project Delivery Plan and associated detailed short term programmes and, where necessary, in conjunction with Project Managers, making amendments to maintain the overall Plan. Take all necessary actions to ensure that work is carried out within the project requirements and timescales.
• Overall responsibility for the department including design, safety, quality management, resource planning, programme management and commercial management.
• Manage the Company’s obligations and rights under the terms of the contract.
• Act as a visibly strong leader of HSQ&E, promoting high standards of health and safety and environmental management by attending Health & Safety Meetings, developing Health and Safety Plans, ensuring compliance with Company procedures, carrying out SHEQ and quality audits and setting a good example.
• Ensure that all HSQ&E activity and reporting is accurate, legally compliant and within group policies, highlighting and resolving concerns when identified.
• Ensure that projects are staffed adequately and led and managed effectively and maintain high levels of commitment and morale; ensure at all times that good two-way communication occurs. Ensuring strong team ethic.
• Lead in the management of areas of opportunity and risk that may impact on the business plan. Lead your team by example at all times and ensure that United Living is a centre of excellence.
• Work closely with the Commercial team ensuring that all matters relating to commercial, and operations are fully aligned and managed.
• Ensure that any work carried out outside of the scope of the contract is notified and approved by the Client and the implications of the changes and financial impact are clearly understood.
• Responsible for the review and sign off of accurate CVR’s, the achievement and improvement of the project target profitability, the identification of project risks and opportunities and advise on forecast monthly turnover.
• Monthly programme reporting to Directors.
• Support the Bid Team with work winning activity where necessary.
• In conjunction with the other internal teams assess, select and appoint the sub-contractors based on their financial and quality of work performance, Undertake regular reviews to ensure work is being carried out to a high and safe standard. Agree scopes of each sub-contract package.
• Responsible for developing and establishing excellent working relationships through effective communication with Clients and Stakeholders. Liaising with Clients to build trust and enhance understanding. Attendance at meetings and chairing to a prescribed agenda and attendance at Client events.
• Responsible for the delivery of client strategies and ensuring the Company are achieving KPIs and meeting Client Critical Success Factors and implementing initiatives to ensure their continual improvement.
• Lead all of the People responsibilities for the team including undertaking and monitoring the completion of Performance & Development Reviews, supporting and coaching team members to achieve both individual and business objectives.
• Manage all employee related matters, liaising with Human Resources as necessary.
• Ensure robust contract and delivery programmes are produced which include design and procurement and that the team take full ownership.
• Provide up to date and accurate reports on the Project progress and highlight any potential risk to the relevant parties.
• Responsible for ensuring strong working relationships are maintained on the Project by the Operations and Commercial teams to ensure good financial and programme controls are in place and ensuring that any financial implications are discussed and progressed with the Commercial team.
• Contribute fully to the development and implementation of Company policies and procedures.
• For each project ensure robust processes to minimize defects during and after construction and ensure defects are dealt with promptly.
• Any other duties reasonably assigned.
• Must have extensive experience in managing the technical delivery of large-scale water and wastewater projects
• Must have experience of managing a programme of works or portfolio of projects
• Must be an experienced Contracts Manager who can organise and manage the completion of site works from a delivery, HSQE and commercial perspective
• Comprehensive Commercial and Programming awareness
• Proven track record of successful delivery of projects from start to finish.
• Proficient using Microsoft Office programmes; incl. Excel, Word, Outlook.
• Experience managing high value projects or portfolios.
• Willing to travel on a weekly basis, lodging where required.
• Full UK driving license
As a term of your employment you may be required to undertake such other duties as may reasonably be required of you commensurate with your general level of responsibility and ability within the organisation.
Apply for this job