We are One Housing and we create places for people to call home and support them to live well. With a breadth of services and expertise to help people whatever their housing, care, or support needs.
Our Care team is friendly and we love what we do. We are passionate about the high-quality support we provide. We offer our colleagues a friendly, collaborative workplace and the chance to build a rewarding career with a not-for-profit organisation that is proud to make a genuine difference to peoples’ lives, each and every day.
Join our Care team as an Administrator
Working in Care can be demanding, but our colleagues are always kind and compassionate no matter what challenges they encounter. Working as an Administrator is not only varied and interesting, it's incredibly rewarding. As part of our team you will be doing work you can be proud of, ensuring the safety and happiness of our customers in their home.
We’re an organisation with strong values. We keep our promises; we do a great job; we value diversity; we work together; and we look for ways to improve. These are what make us such a great team, working together as one to achieve our vision.
We have a fantastic opportunity for someone to join us in the position of Administrator in Kempston, Bedfordshire.
- Location: Kempston, Bedfordshire
- Salary: £24,120 per annum
- Working hours: 37.5 hours per week (mainly Monday to Friday but there will be a need for flexibility to support events or meetings as agreed in advance.)
Your responsibilities will include:
- Preparation and co-ordinating for/of meetings.
- Raising invoices, purchase orders and assisting with debt collection.
- Management of the reception team (3 team members).
- To co-ordinate, prepare and record documentation for meetings, to include drafting, typing, copying, collation and circulation of papers.
- To maintain an efficient manual filing system in support of the service, reviewing regularly to meet changing demands.
- Be the ‘Point of Contact’ and assist with staff on-boarding, references, and DBS processing.
- Support CQC compliance by ensuring staff files are up to date and acquire the necessary documentation.
What you will need to succeed
We are looking for someone who believes in working together as part of a team, who shares our values and who is positive and friendly. The successful candidate will have:
- Previous administration experience within a care service
- Experience in dealing with customer accounts including invoicing and debt collection
- Ability to display initiative, and plan, organise and prioritise own workload to meet deadlines
- Ability to demonstrate accuracy and a strong attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clearly and develop good working relationships with colleagues across the organisation
- Confidence in the use of computer systems (including Excel, Word, Outlook and databases)
Our Life@One benefits offer you an array of perks designed with your wellbeing in mind.
Salary: £24,120 per annum
Your holidays are important to us. Take up to 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays
Lean travel. Spread the cost of your commute with a season ticket loans and our Cycle2Work scheme, open to all colleagues
Get paid to do good. We offer you two days off on full pay each year to volunteer in our communities.
Look after your loved ones. Our healthcare cash back plan allows you to claim back cash for you and your family’s healthcare.
Well done! With our colleague recognition programme you will know when you’ve done a #greatjob
Learning never stops. One Academy, our innovative, in-house learning and development offering is designed to help you take your career to the next level.
We’re here for you. Our employee assistance programme offers counselling and support for you and your family 24/7.
Stay book-smart. Take up to five paid days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
Experience new things. We offer you a career break after 3 years’ continuous service.
As an organisation with a strong social purpose, One Housing works in some of the most diverse communities in the UK and their workforce reflects that. We understand the strength we gain from having and supporting our diverse teams. The different skills and experiences that our colleagues from different backgrounds bring to us allow us to make better decisions, consider different views and be an altogether more interesting and cohesive place to work.
We welcome applications from everyone.
Apply today for a fulfilling career in our Care team.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident