Unique company, working on the latest developments crop science.
Your new company
We are currently working with one of the world leaders in agricultural gene editing technologies. They focus on developing high performing crop varieties to bring them to a commercially viable level. These high performing varieties provide benefits ranging from growers to consumers and have aims to ease global issues with food security. We would like to find someone to join their bioinformatics team to develop and implement computational methods to support the gene editing technology arm of the business. They have grown tremendously over the past 2 years, tripling their workforce.
Your new role
- Design, implement, assess, and optimise sophisticated pipelines and algorithms for processing large scale NGS datasets.
- Programming and scripting using python or R.
- Communicate internally and with external stakeholders.
- Assist in the development of novel computational tools and data analysis infrastructure.
- Participate in multidisciplinary projects and interact with biological researchers.
- Analyse, interpret, and optimise methods for bioinformatics.
What you'll need to succeed
- Proficient in languages such as Python, R, Perl. Python would be preferred.
- Track record of developing and utilising pipelines from scratch.
- Previous 'hands on' experience utilising NGS data sets.
- A minimum of a MSc in bioinformatics or related discipline, higher level degrees e.g. PhD are preferred. Candidates of equivalent experience would also be considered.
- 3-5 years of postdoc/industry experience
- You will be working in a fast-paced environment within interdisciplinary teams, therefore strong communication skills would be essential.
Although not essential, it would also be beneficial for candidates to have experience in:
- Plant or crop science
- Experience in an agritech, research industry environment
- Comparative genomics
What you'll get in return
Ability to work in an environment where your results have a real world impact. Work for an innovative company in the field of crop science with a generous pay package.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Keywords: bioinformatics, bioinformatician, data, science, statistics, statistical, genetics, genomics, NGS, PCR, sequence, Bayesian, biomarker, machine, learning, programmer, programming, scientist, diagnostics, molecular, python, R, C, Bash, perl, medical, plant, crop, seed, yield, disease, pathogen, field, platform, project, manager, developer, tool, pipeline, computational, computer, algorithm