About the Role
As a Kitchen Assistant, you will be experienced with food preparation and catering in accordance with Health and Safety and Food Standard regulations. Monitor and maintain kitchen cleaning schedules ensuring that all areas of the kitchen are immaculately clean; including the washing up of crockery and utensils when required.
"Become a Key worker and make a difference"
- Able to demonstrate an ability to manage pressure, prioritise tasks and communicate effectively at all levels.
- Acting as the link between the main kitchen and our residents
- Assisting the chefs to plate meals, prepare food trolleys and ensure all preparation areas are kept clean and tidy
- Genuine interest in working in a care home environment.
- Previous experience working in a Care Home environment is desirable but not essential.
- A committed and organised approach.
- A confident communicator with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible to work shifts.
If you would like to use your experience and people skills in an organisation that provides the best quality care you’d expect for your loved ones, then MMCG is a rewarding place to be.
In return for all of this you will receive a competitive salary package plus:
- Training support and development opportunities
- 5.6 weeks annual leave
- Fully funded training
- Simply Health cover after one year of service, inc. cashback on medical and dental expenses
- Perkbox - a range of discounts and free monthly offers for a variety of high street shops and restaurants
- Car through salary sacrifice
- Cycle to Work scheme
- NEST pension plan
- Nurse and carer referral scheme
- Rewards for 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 years of service
- Annual staff recognition through MMCG Care Awards
*Apprenticeship opportunities available
“Maria Mallaband Care Group’s main priority is the welfare and wellbeing of its residents and staff. We have therefore adopted a Group wide policy across all our Homes requiring all new staff to confirm they are willing to receive a [Covid-19] vaccine. Prior to commencing employment, the successful applicant will be required to confirm in writing that they are happy to consent to receiving a Covid Vaccine when available, in accordance with the Government’s UK wide vaccination programme and that they are not aware of any reason why they would should not consent. We are happy to answer any queries any applicant might have about this policy.”
Bowerfield House Nursing Home is located on the edge of Disley. The National Trusts - Lyme, Marple Canal and local shops are all within walking distance. Accommodation at Bowerfield House is provided for residents in single rooms, some of which have en-suite facilities and a double room. Rooms are fully carpeted and are decorated to a high standard as well as being equipped with essential furniture, TV, nurse call system, smoke detectors and telephone socket. Residents can enjoy the well-maintained garden and patio area. Parking is available for twelve vehicles. Visitors are always welcome at Bowerfield House and there are no restrictions.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident