Customer Service Advisor
We are One Housing and we create places for people to call home and support them to live well. With a breadth of services and expertise to help people whatever their housing, care, or support needs.
The One Housing Customer Services teams are friendly, knowledgeable and we love what we do. We are proud of our expertise and passionate about the high-quality, service we deliver to all of our customers.
We offer our colleagues a friendly, collaborative workplace and the chance to build a rewarding career with a not-for-profit organisation that is proud to make a genuine difference to people’s lives, each and every day.
Join our Customer Service team
Our Customer Services teams play a central role in achieving our vision. Our teams include our Customer Contact Centre and specialist teams like income collection, rent and service charges and resident management. Often acting as a first-point of contact for our customers we prize our accountability, empathy and a genuine desire to be helpful and informative.
We’re an organisation with strong values. We keep our promises; we do a great job; we value diversity; we work together; and we look for ways to improve. These are what make us such a great team, working together as one to achieve our vision.
We have a fantastic opportunity for someone to join us in the position of Customer Service Advisor for a 12 month fixed term contract. The role will sit within the Customer Service Centre. This is a busy team, but you will be trained and supported throughout your time at One Housing.
Your responsibilities will include
* To be a customer service champion ensuring that all contacts are owned and resolved through to completion seizing opportunities to implement innovative and creative solutions.
* To access and resolve a wide range of enquiries in accordance with established processes, procedures and policies with the objective of providing a positive customer experience and resolution at first point of contact.
* To utilise and promote a range of technologies to communicate with customers.
* To use necessary business systems in an appropriate way to record information relating to enquiries, transactions and complaints in accordance with established processes, procedures and policies to ensure accuracy of information and efficiency when dealing with customers.
* To carry out a range of administrative duties that that may be needed from time to time by other areas of the Customer Services Directorate or other department within One Housing.
* To achieve all personal or business objectives, measures or targets, service level agreements and quality standards to maximise customer satisfaction.
* To provide support the line manager or any other manager within the Customer Service Centre through any delegation of tasks.
* Pro-actively contribute to the reputation of One Housing through all customer contact channels and provide customer service in a professional, friendly and empathic way. Take ownership of matters.
* Undertake any other duties consistent with the basic objectives of the post and the objectives of the Customer Contact Centre.
What you will need to succeed.
We are looking for someone who believes in working together as part of a team, who shares our values and who is positive and friendly. The successful candidate will:
Have Contact Centre experience
Be experience working in a customer care environment where interpersonal communications using a variety of channels has been a key element.
Demonstrate a good standard of numeracy and literacy.
Have excellent customer care and communication skills both oral and written.
Ability to learn and apply a wide range of skill sets to satisfy a broad range of customer needs using different channels.
IT literate with knowledge of Microsoft office applications and ability to learn and use appropriate in-house systems.
Self-motivated, assertive, and confident.
Our Life@One benefits offer you an array of services designed with your wellbeing in mind.
Salary - £24,000
Your holidays are important to us. Take up to 28 days annual leave plus bank
Travel Spread the cost of your commute with a season ticket loans and our Cycle2Work scheme, open to all colleagues
Looking forward to your big bucket list trip? You can buy or sell up to five days annual leave each (not for statutory employees)
Get paid to do good. We offer you two days off on full pay each year to volunteer in our
Look after your loved ones. Our healthcare cash back plan allows you to claim back cash for you and your family’s healthcare.
Well done! With our colleague recognition programme you will know when you’ve done a #greatjob
Learning never One Academy, our innovative, in-house learning and development offering is designed to help you take your career to the next level.
We’re here for you. Our employee assistance programme offers counselling and support for you and your family 24/7.
Stay book-smart. Take up to five paid days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
Experience new things. We offer you a career break after 3 years’ continuous service.
As an organisation with a strong social purpose, One Housing works in some of the most diverse communities in the UK and their workforce reflects that. We understand the strength we gain from having and supporting our diverse teams. The different skills and experiences that our colleagues from different backgrounds bring to us allow us to make better decisions, consider different views and be an altogether more interesting and cohesive place to work.
We welcome applications from everyone.
Apply today for a fulfilling career in our Customer Services team.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident