TeacherActive are ugently recruiting catering assistants for a school in Allestree, Derby - this role fits perfectly around school hours and as such would be ideal for anyone needing a full-time role in catering. If you're reliable and hard-working, but need a job that can provide you with hours around the school run, then get in touch with us today.
We understand that it can be necessary to juggle family commitments with work, and always try to support our staff and give them the flexibility they need.
Roles & Responsibilities
As a Kitchen Assistant you will have the following skills:
• The ability to work quickly and to the required standard
• An understanding of the importance of health and hygiene
• Plenty of stamina and the ability to work on your feet for most of the shift
• A great team player
• Good listening skills and ability to follow instructions
• Good oral communication
• A willingness to learn
• A positive attitude
• Experience doing basic food prep, like washing, peeling and chopping vegetables is ideal but not essential
As a Kitchen Assistant you will:
• Ensure that the kitchen is clean and operational, cleaning the food preparation equipment, floors and other kitchen tools or areas
• Wash utensils and dishes and making sure they are stored appropriately
• Sort, store and distribute ingredients under instruction
• Assist chefs by washing, peeling, chopping, cutting and cooking food stuffs
• May also be responsible for preparing ingredients with guidance
• No formal qualifications required as we can offer training
• Relevant background would be ideal, especially in a school, but it is not necessary
• Any experience in a similar role will certainly help
• A full driving licence may be useful, as well as any certificates like first aid training or food hygiene
• Please only apply to this role if you have a DBS on the Update Service already
So, if you need a role than can be flexible with hours and fit around your other commitments, and you will be a reliable and hard-working Kitchen Assistant then apply at TeacherActive today by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or pressing 'Apply' above
All applicants will be contacted to discuss suitability and then invited to register with TeacherActive.
Registration involves an enhanced DBS check, ID checks and will require you to supply good professional references. We pride ourselves on excellent service. We can provide a wide range of opportunities in schools and other educational institutions, with good rates of pay, at times to suit your needs.
Regular external audits have shown repeatedly that our standards are exceptional. We are passionate about finding the right staff for each environment.
TeacherActive is an equal opportunities employer, and operates as an Employment Business in providing temporary or contract job-seeking services.