A brand-new opportunity has arisen for a Service Manager to join successful and growing organisation that has provided support in the community on behalf of Leeds City Council for many years.
Details of the role:
• Based in Leeds
• Salary - £27,500 p/a
• Full-time - 37 hours per week
You will be responsible for the management of a support service that enables adults and young people with learning disabilities in the Leeds area to achieve independence. This is a very important role, and the right person will need to ensure that the service provided is of a very high standard. This organisation delivers community learning, employment services and social activities in the local area, and you will be required to lead and grow these associated projects within this service.
As part of this role, you will be responsible for the direct line management of an outreach team (to include support workers, coordinators and employment coaches) as well as recruiting and nurturing talent for your team.
Required skills, knowledge and experience:
• Experience working in a similar social care setting previously
• Experience working at management level in social care, who has delivered a high quality successful service is desirable
• Would consider someone who is looking to take their next step up in their career (Team Leader/Deputy Manager)
• You will be required to travel around the Leeds area for training and meetings, so the ability to drive with access to your own vehicle is desirable
• Experience liaising with different local authorities to include adult learning contracts
• You are a team player who works for the benefit of the wider team and the users of the service.
• You are someone who has a very caring, supportive and empathetic nature.
You are a confident coach and enjoy developing your team professionally.
You thrive in a demanding and high pressured role.
You like to try new things and take on new challenges.
You are solutions focused, able to think on your feet to make the right decision and able to problem solve.
You have a good eye for detail.
You are a good communicator both written and verbal.
The following values are important to you; inclusivity, collaborative, engaging, integrity, trust, honesty, equality, respect, empathy, pride and care
This organisation is an equal opportunities and diverse employer.
If this position is of interest to you, or perhaps to someone in your network, we would love to hear from you.