We're growing and now recruiting for roles which will help our clients to deliver vital services and to resume business.
Lead Learning Designer - Capita Learning
At Capita Learning you'll be joining an award-winning, experienced team that brings together the creativity of our legacy digital brand Brightwave with the scale and insight of wider Capita. We work across a huge diversity of projects, delivering truly blended projects, from game-based simulations about sustainable sourcing for luxury fashion, to large scale complex transformations for critical services in the public sector. It's a place where you can take on new challenges, learn and grow your career. You'll work alongside a bunch of other super talented, friendly people who are committed to delivering best in class learning experiences that support individual performance and create behaviour change within organisations.
This is a key role in building the quality and reputation of Learning Design at Capita. You're not just a talented and experienced Senior Learning Designer, who has successfully delivered large or complex programmes, but a capable and proactive leader who is genuinely committed to helping the career development of the people you lead and delivering improvements in design quality, innovation and impact to our clients.
You will combine your role as a senior designer, successfully consulting with clients to come up with a wide range of effective and compelling design approaches, with the line management and coaching of all the design roles in one of our three production teams.
You will have evidence of having managed complex groups of stakeholders and lead teams of learning designers or scriptwriters on large learning programmes.
What you'll be doing:
• Responsibility for the line management of all the learning design roles in one of our three production teams - between 5 and 8 people.
• Support the development of a culture of excellence within the team, creating the conditions in which people can bring their best to their work and grow their careers.
• Manage the recruitment and onboarding of senior learning designers, learning designers and scriptwriters into your team
• Direct, guide and coach your reports and run regular performance reviews in line with the Capita process.
• Monitor the quality of work produced by members of your team and address areas where staff may require additional training/guidance/mentoring either directly or via the involvement of the Head of Learning Design.
Learning experience design
• Establish a good rapport and consultative relationship with clients, understand their business, their requirements, and the bigger picture.
• Define, describe and articulate the design to your client and to the internal production team.
• For trainer-led solution specialists - you will take the client's content and be proactive at filling in gaps, or be able to align material to qualification standards
• Design solutions that deliver on the client's brief and are achievable within time, technology and budget.
• Proactive research and champion of the latest and emerging technologies to deliver innovative solutions.
• Work in collaboration with colleagues from the sales, graphical, technical and project management teams.
• Talk with authority about the impact of technological trends on learning design.
• Pitch persuasively and engagingly to clients in a sales context
What we're looking for:
• Creative design thinking combined with attention to detail.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Demonstrable ability to educate, negotiate, and influence with all levels of stakeholders to produce learning outcomes
• Comfort with ambiguity and the ability to adapt, flex, and change directions given project and team circumstances, understanding the ever-changing world of business
• An able leader and good motivator. Can confidently lead and individuals with different levels of professional experience.
• Good commercial awareness, able to manage the balance between creativity and scope to deliver the best outcomes for our clients
• Flexible and resourceful problem solving and being able to tackle setbacks and obstacles.
About Capita Learning
We work across a huge diversity of projects, delivering truly blended projects, from game-based simulations about sustainable sourcing for luxury fashion, to large scale complex transformations for critical services in the public sector. It's a place where you can take on new challenges, learn and grow your career. You'll work alongside a bunch of other super talented, friendly people who are committed to delivering best in class learning experiences that support individual performance and create behaviour change within organisations.
What's in it for you?
• A competitive basic salary
• 23 days' holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
• The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
• Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks...and plenty more
• Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
• Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
• Homebased - (office location if required is Brighton)
You'll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You'll be joining a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we'll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you'll do next:
Choose 'Apply now' to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Kirsty at Kirsty.Townley@Capita.com
We're an equal opportunity employer, which means we'll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we're committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
All interviews, assessments and background checks will continue to take place online, to completely remove the need for face-to-face contact. All Capita colleagues who can work from home should do so; and where it is not possible for colleagues to work remotely, we have taken important steps to protect those working from Capita's offices. Social distancing, enhanced hygiene and safety measures are already in place at all Capita locations that are open to protect our colleagues and manage the risk of COVID-19. The welfare of our people is of paramount importance to us, and we're doing everything we can to keep our colleagues and customers safe during this time.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident