• Do you want to make a difference to the lives of children with speech, language and communication needs?
• Do you have excellent communication skills and the ability to motivate and engage others?
• Would you like to work within a friendly, award-winning multi-disciplinary team?
If yes, please read on…
We are looking for an enthusiastic Band 5 speech and language therapist to work within our children’s service to deliver assessment and intervention for children with speech, language and communication needs.
This role is ideal for a newly qualified therapist who is looking to gain experience in a range of paediatric settings including early years’ clinics and schools. We offer a supportive team to guide you through your preceptorship year, including protected time for meetings, clinical supervision and training. We of course welcome applications from more experienced Band 5 therapists.
We are currently recruiting a band 5 speech and language therapist to work in a friendly supportive team. You will be working within services commissioned by the NHS. You will be treating children (0-19), with a wide range of clinical need in various settings including clinics, schools, specialist schools and units, homes and nurseries and via teletherapy. Intervention will include multidisciplinary working, one-to-one work, parent workshops and training.
We value partnership working with our local colleagues such as social services and education to provide Swale families with an inclusive service.
You will be offered comprehensive induction, full support during your probationary period and ongoing training and supervision. We are a supportive team with a strong emphasis on enabling new graduates to develop their skills.
We have strong links with our local university and facilitate continued professional development through research, CENs and training.
So what else?
• This is your chance to join a progressive and innovative service in a social enterprise that is patient and staff focused - you’ll even have the opportunity to become an MCH shareholder.
• You’ll be able to develop your skills in a friendly and supportive team.
So what are you waiting for? We can’t wait to hear from you, and look forward to receiving your application.
The small print
• Informal visits can be arranged on request.
• We will always appoint the best person for the job, but applications are particularly welcome from candidates from BAME groups which are underrepresented in our service.
• We will offer you the choice of two pension schemes; the NHS Pension scheme and our Scottish Widows group personal pension.
• Interviews will be held on 24 May 2021
This advert closes on Thursday 6 May 2021
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident