Principle Electronics Engineer/ Principle Technologist Electronics
Up to £75,000 p.a. DOE
My Client who is a leading manufacturer within their field is seeking an experience Principle Technologist Electronics to join their team due to continued growth and development.
Principle Electronics Technologist
• Bachelor or Masters degree (or equivalent) in Electrical and/or Electronics Engineering or a related engineering discipline.
• Significant knowledge of the fundamentals of electronics design both analogue and high-speed digital as well as direct experience in applying the principles to one or more electronics products.
• Experience developing product development processes and able to make recommendations for improvements.
• Must be a good communicator and have excellent fluency in spoken and written English. Must be able to develop a compelling vision for electronics and product development, align strategies and roadmaps and demonstrate strong influencing skills with key stakeholders.
• Significant experience working in a global engineering environment and working with international teams to deliver electronics and product solutions. Experience working in a multi-disciplinary design environment
• Significant experience working in a regulated, compliance-driven industry. Experience in a technical governance role and able to provide guidance on product safety and compliance.
• Preferably some experience in a project management role using both Waterfall and Agile (SCRUM) frameworks.
• Preferably some cross-functional team management experience working in a multi-disciplinary engineering environment
• CEng, Chartered Engineer, would be preferred.
Principle Electronics Technologist
• Maintain awareness of product roadmaps and priorities in the Division as well as related research developments taking place in the department. Provide recommendations for new areas of relevant research that can be undertaken within the team or at alternative locations.
• Use specialist electronics and product knowledge and experience to provide strategic direction on the development of innovative solutions that solve complex problems and deliver added value to Atlas Copco products. Identify industry inflection points in technology that could be exploited for future development.
• Set the vision for electronics and product development within the Product Company as well as the wider business. Establish areas where products need to be more performance and price competitive and working with global managers develop executable plans to get there.
• Establish both formal and informal networks to enable the breaking of new ground in electronics and product development. Make technical recommendations and pitches to key stakeholders to adopt new and innovative ways of working, tools and process improvement.
• Drive innovation, identifying IP opportunities for new products and identify threats and maintain awareness of competitor and wider industry solutions. Provide guidance and assistance to solving elusive technical issues and using a variety of established, structured, problem solving techniques and processes to get to root cause.
• Provide guidance and practical recommendations on the adoption of testing procedures to maximise the test coverage for new products and make assessments as to the effectiveness on test regimes in manufacturing.
• Consult with the Engineering Manager on the development of the technology teams ensuring the team structure is optimal for meeting future product requirements. Work with key stakeholders outside the Eastbourne Product Company to provide a global, VT-wide source of engineering knowledge and know-how.
• Establish a technical governance role for all electronics and product development. Ensure the appropriate level of technical governance is in place both in terms of design and quality. Drive best practice in terms of ensuring electronics designs achieve product safety standards as well as regulatory compliance both for existing technologies but also to accommodate emerging technology introductions
PROMAN acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
View our latest jobs today on our website http://www.proman-uk.com/ and follow us on LinkedIn.
The UK has now left the European Union. Any EU, EEA or Swiss citizens living in the UK that wish to remain in the UK post Brexit need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme. Please visit our resource section on our website for more information.
Proman recognises the value of a diverse workforce that reflects the multitude of different people in our society. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and characteristics including individuals with disabilities and those from BAME communities.