22 April 2021
22 May 2021
Sheffield, South Yorkshire
REACTIVE AND MAINTENANCE SERVICES FACILITIES MANAGEMENT
Apply for this job
Position: Mobile Cleaner/Technician
Reports to: Operation Supervisor
Purpose of Role: Responsible for carrying out cleaning tasks in designated customer locations according to the standards set by the customer and/or management. Representing RAMS FM in a professional manner at all times.
• Carrying out all cleaning and reactive maintenance tasks as specified and instructed, including dusting, cleaning, and polishing surfaces, furniture, fixtures, and fittings, mopping, sweeping, waxing floors and vacuuming floors. Using relevant equipment as directed/required, Covid 19 sanitising cleaning, bodily fluid removal, crime scene cleaning, minor maintenance, furniture removal, and other labour driven maintenance duties.
• If required refilling supplies, such as toilet paper and paper towels
• Mix and dispose of all cleaning solutions appropriately
• Cleaning spills, broken glass and other messes up as quickly as possible
• Performing maintenance activities related to cleaning such as ensuring areas are sanitised.
• Applying necessary chemicals and cleaning liquids to surfaces in order to easily and effectively remove dirt and stains, and to leave surfaces hygienic and safe
• Following the companies colour code process in regards to mops, cloths and equipment.
• Using cleaning warning signs whist performing any cleaning task. Placing signs at all exists and entrances where the cleaning task is being performed.
• Performing and documenting routine inspection and daily check sheets
• Carry out heavy cleaning tasks and special projects as may be required
• Taking and handling special requests for clients or customers as required appropriately
• Carefully handling and operating all cleaning machinery according to procedure as and when required
• Coordinating duties with other cleaners as and when may be required
• Ordering new supplies as needed
• Notify management of any issues that may affect ability to complete set tasks.
• Notifying the client if you have noticed any defects, faults or damage with any part of the client’s premises.
• Carrying out all tasks as specified in Task Role Profile
Health & Safety Accountabilities
• Awareness and following of health and safety procedures – to include a full understanding of the company risk assessments and method statements.
• A reasonable level of fitness in order to be able to use the cleaning equipment and perform the required cleaning tasks.
• Able to read instructions on chemicals worked with and follow the written guidelines relating to health and safety (COSHH)
• Able to pass First Aider course as required
• Complying with all safety policies and procedures that are related to carrying out cleaning tasks
• Fully understand the clients fire and security policies.
Skills and experience
• Punctual, reliable and trustworthy.
• Ability to work both alone and in a team.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Must be able to communicate with co-workers, managers and customers in a polite manner
• Must have ability to handle all equipment, ability to handle and manoeuvre heavy equipment and machinery
• Knowledge of cleaning chemicals, supplies and proper storage methods
• Previous experience of cleaning and maintenance duties, and demonstrable reliability
• Full UK driving licence
• DBS checks will be conducted
The above is a standard Job Description and the company reserves the right to change or amend to reflect the business needs.
Apply for this job