ALS Tutor Part-time: 37 hours per week, 36 weeks per yearSalary: £23,498 to £28,910 per annum (£19,385 to £23,850 pro rata)Plus Benefits: Defined Benefit Pension, Employee Assistance Programme, Free Car Parking, Subsidised Refectory and onsite Gym
Central Bedfordshire College is looking for an ALS Tutor to deliver effective, up-to-date and stimulating learning opportunities, leading to success and progression for our learners.
The successful candidate will assess and work with students from a variety of learning environments who are experiencing difficulties with learning. The role will provide group and 1:1 support to learners to enable them to achieve their maximum potential.
You will use IT to enhance your working practices as well as learning opportunities for learners. Applicants should also be familiar with assistive technology and be adept at using these resources.
You will also possess a recognised teaching qualification (PGCE/CertEd or QTLS status) and be educated to a degree level or equivalent. Excellent communication and organisational skills are another pre - requisite, as is the ability to be an effective team memberMain duties and Responsibilities include
- Plan the most relevant learning programmes and schemes of work
- Plan individual lessons and activities to ensure full coverage of the learning objectives to meet learner's needs
- Manage the behaviour of learners negotiating ground rules and setting boundaries and a high standard of behaviour
- Ensure health and safety environment for all learning whether in the classroom or workshop, carrying out risk assessments as appropriate
- Carefully monitor learner attendance and follow up absence with relevant interventions
- Set clear lesson objectives with learners
- Provide differentiated learning opportunities for individual learners
- Conduct effective initial assessments to select learners for the right course and plan their learning according to your findings
For more detailed information about this role see attached Job Description.CLOSING DATE: Sunday, 1 May 2021INTERVIEW DATE: TBC
If you are passionate about working with students and can engage with a diverse range of students, we want to hear from you! CV's should be sent to email@example.com All roles are subject to an enhanced DBS disclosu
The closing date for applications to this role is 01/05/2021