Lecturer in English Full Time: 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per yearSalary: £23,498 - £33,518 per annumPlus, Benefits: Defined Benefit Pension, Employee Assistance Programme, Free Car Parking, Subsidised Refectory and onsite Gym
We are currently recruiting for a well-qualified dynamic and enthusiastic individual to work as part of our English and Maths team teaching GCSE/Functional Skills English. The successful candidate will deliver effective, up-to-date and stimulating learning opportunities, leading to success and progression for our learners.
Candidates should have at least 2 years' experience teaching GCSE English and hold a teaching qualification and ideally a degree qualification or equivalent in English.
- Deliver inspirational teaching and provide teaching and assessment opportunities in line with the relevant awarding body requirements to promote access to achievement.
- Prepare and adapt inspiring teaching materials that enable all learners to progress.
- Prepare Schemes of Work.
- Undertake the necessary administrative tasks required for the effective operation of programmes in the area in a timely manner
- Use college IT systems and platforms competently and remotely if required
- Provide learners with feedback on progress
- Provide vocational teachers with feedback
- Carry out moderation/ assessment and verification
- Communicate effectively
- Participate in team meetings, open events and parent evenings
Central to the work you do will be enabling students to reach their full potential that equips them to progress into work, higher education or apprenticeships.
Be part of our drive to enhance every aspect of teaching and learning and the student experience. CLOSING DATE: Tuesday, 11th May 2021INTERVIEW DATE: Thursday, 20th May 2021
CV's should be sent to email@example.com All roles are subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
The closing date for applications to this role is 11/05/2021