An exciting opportunity has arisen within a well respected Swindon based organisation for Experienced Healthcare / Support workers to join the highly experienced team. The Reablement Support Worker role is part of an integrated Reablement Team and the wider Adult Health & Social Care multidisciplinary teams, to provide support with personal care and reablement to service users in their own homes and community through outcome focussed support. This is achieved by supporting individuals to regain, improve and maintain skills of daily living, promoting maximum independence
The Reablement role will involve:
* Driving in the community to numerous homes therefore; needing a full driving licence and access to a car.
* To be available to work within a flexible shift rota of days or evenings 5 days over 7 including alternate weekends. (You may be asked at short notice to change your shifts depending on the need of the service users )
* To contribute and provide thorough feedback for the Multi-Disciplinary Meeting, held twice a week.
* Working alongside other health and social care professionals, to participate in the monitoring of service users mental and physical health, support and enable them to access necessary agencies or support as required.
* To also contribute to the promotion of positive links with other locality community agencies/groups
* To encourage, reable and support very vulnerable service users where possible, to develop, regain and maintain skills to maximise independent living. Whilst always treating them with dignity and respect.
* Be able to liaise with other professionals/family members and Reablement Support Workers, reporting any key concerns to respective senior staff in line with the requirements of all relevant legislation and local policies, procedures and guidance, including potential safeguarding concerns.
The successful candidate will:
* Be highly motivated and enthusiastic about providing a first class service to the residents of Swindon.
* Have the ability to work independently, using initiative and as part of the wider Reablement Team.
* Need a full driving licence and access to a vehicle whilst working.
* Have experience and knowledge of caring for vulnerable adults with a wide range of complex needs.
* Have experience of working in the community or care home on a one-to-one basis with service users.
* Have knowledge of anti-discriminatory practice.
* Have understanding of Health and Safety and Manual Handling issues.
* Have understanding of the need to keep within professional boundaries.
36 hours per week
Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including pension and discounts at major retailers.