London Business Area:
Permanent Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Kier Group is the UK's leading highways service provider, delivering an incredibly diverse range of road, bridge and tunnel projects - from planning and programming stage through to delivery, maintenance and operation. We work with a wide range of partners such as local authorities and Highways England to improve the quality and safety of UK roads - making us the No.1 highways and tunnel maintenance team across the country, delivering over £1 billion of social value by maintaining 31,000km of roads used by six million people in their everyday lives.
Our Kier Highways team has been appointed to deliver Transport for London (TfL)'s new c.200m Maintenance and Management Contract for TfL Road Tunnels and Pumping Stations. Through the contract, our Kier Highways colleagues will be responsible for maintaining and managing the 10 tunnels across the network, as well as 106 pump stations which help keep the road drainage systems working. This is great time to join and be part of a collaborative winning team!
A fantastic opportunity is available for a qualified Electrician reporting to the TaPS Supervisor where the main purpose of the role is to carry out a variety of maintenance duties as instructed on a day to day basis to ensure the efficient running of all Tunnels and Pump room/Stations. The role is responsible for carrying out electrical maintenance tasks as instructed, responding promptly to incidents in the tunnel as directed and promoting Health and Safety in the workplace. It also includes operating a variety of equipment and plant vehicles in order to carry out required duties effectively and assisting with ensuring that site and company equipment is always secure. Raise problems/queries with designated supervisor.
This position has been identified as a Safety Critical Position and will be subject to testing as set out in the Kier Drugs and Alcohol Policy. A copy of this policy is available from HR. What are we looking for? To be successful in this role you will
- Be able to work using own initiative and as part of a team
- Have the ability to read electrical drawings/schematics
- Experience working on 3 phase motor supply and control circuits. Inc. Variable Speed Drives.
- Experience working with pumps and pump control systems.
- Working at heights and in confined spaces (desirable)
What can you expect from us?
- Fully Qualified Electrician JIB approved Gold card, and 18th IEE regulations
- ECS Electricians card also JIB approved Gold card
- CSCS H&S card
- G39 safe isolation qualification (desirable)
- C&C 2391 Initial Verification on Periodic Inspection or C&C 2394/2395 certification (desirable)
- Trained in mobile elevated work platforms. (Having a 1b would be an advantage).
- NRSWA qualification (desirable
- Full driving license required
In return you can expect a competitive salary and an outstanding package that includes 21 days'
annual leave (with the opportunity to buy or sell holiday), two employee Share Scheme options, together with additional valuable benefits such as:
- Access to a range of attractive Flexible benefit options to tailor your package to suit your lifestyles
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to Kier Rewards, our exclusive Discount Shopping Site with deals available at over 800 retailers
- Plus, many more benefits geared to your wellbeing.
It's worth remembering that we'll undertake the relevant/standard employment checks if you're successful in the selection process. This includes taking up your references, as well as checking your ID, driving licence (if appropriate) and your right to work in the UK. Some roles may also be subject to further pre-employment checks. We encourage flexible working wherever possible in your role - and this may allow you to work from home or from one of our other offices/sites, if appropriate. Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being Collaborative, Trusted
We all have the potential to shape our world, and it's through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy.
Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture. Kier is an inclusive employer. Closing Date: 19/05/2021 Please note, interviews make take place before the closing date, and we reserve the right to close applications early. .