Various locations across the Cadent Networks
Role Type – Permanent
Salary - £20.365, plus a generous pension scheme, and a range of company benefits
Here at Cadent we’re at the start of an exciting journey of transformation, growth and evolution. We’re new but we’re 200 years old. (You might have known us as part of National Grid but now we’ve transformed ourselves to Cadent). We’re the UK’s largest gas network connecting and keeping energy flowing to our customer’s 12 million homes and businesses across the UK.
We’re proud of our story so far and we’re super powered up about what our future holds. That’s where you come in! Join us as a Logistics Operator and start a transformation journey adding real purpose and direction to your career and feel genuinely proud about what you do.
About the Role
Working as part of a logistics team and assisting the Site Management team, you’ll be responsible for picking, receiving and managing materials within the supply chain.
The warehouse operative will work in an effective and compliant operation across all responsible activities and ensure adherence to all legal, operational and SHE procedures.
You must have good communicative skills both verbally and in written form, showing a good level of numeracy and verbal reasoning. The Individuals will be interacting with internal operational customers and need to be extremely enthusiastic.
• Organise workload in order to meet agreed timescales and deadlines
• Carry out all work associated with Issue and receipt of materials, plant, tools, equipment, and road traffic signs and barriers, via a warehouse management system
• Undertake the verification of stock levels as required
• Be the first point of contact for customer queries and requests, with the ability to identify and satisfy internal and external customer needs and work in partnership with customers
• Marshal loads for despatch and load vehicles safely and effectively
• Control of process for non- stock and PPE items
• Operate and use mobile plant, mechanical lifting and handling equipment and other equipment properly and safely; ensuring that they are correctly checked, maintained and stored
• Ensure housekeeping and 5s is carried out at stores. Embrace and aim to add value and continuously improve both processes and the overall operation
• Assist and support the Site Management team where necessary, with a view to tactical absence cover
• Work to site and contract specific SHESQ policies and procedures.
• Report any non-compliance / site checks to the line manager (daily, weekly and monthly) as required
• Undertake routine updating of the warehouse management system
• Site waste management
• Assist and participate in standby / call out arrangements and roving stores duties, as requested
• Ensure the stores / yard are kept to a high standard of tidiness and cleanliness
• Conduct pre-shift checks and fault reporting of MHE
You will possess the following skills, knowledge and qualifications:
• Hold current full driving licence
• Hold FLT / Telehandler licence
• Knowledge of good practice relating to Health and Safety Regulations
• Experience of hazard reporting and safety conversation competent
• Computer literate and familiar with Warehouse management systems
• Experience of using MHE equipment in a safe and efficient manner
• Excellent customer service attitude
• Experience of working in a similar role
• Demonstrate initiative, have a proactive approach and a can-do attitude, whilst maintaining a right first-time mindset
• Be a team player and comfortable working within large teams
At Cadent we’ve got a whole host of standard and flexible benefits. You’ll get 25 days holiday + statutory days with the option to buy/sell also, a generous pension plan as well as the opportunity to earn bonus. Flexible benefits include: cycle to work scheme, salary sacrifice car, insurance and healthcare packages plus access to our Occupational Health services.
Diversity and Inclusion
Cadent has a commitment to Diversity and Inclusion - the more diverse our organisation is, the more able we are to respond to and reflect our communities in all their diversity. We therefore encourage and welcome applications from people with a diverse variety of backgrounds; age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief.
We want our employees to achieve a work life balance and are happy to discuss flexible working options with you if the role can accommodate it.
If you require any reasonable adjustments during the application process, please let us know. We’re committed to be Disability Confident in line with the Department For Work and Pensions scheme.
Be part of something big. Help shape the future of gas for generations to come
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident