21 April 2021
21 May 2021
Apply for this job
At Oxford Quantum Circuits (OQC) we are building quantum computers to enable life-changing discoveries: from new drug modelisation to longer-lasting battery technology and portfolio optimisation. We are developing a cloud based quantum computer service – Quantum Computing as a Service (QCaaS) – to help our customers improve their operations and trailblaze new commercial and scientific approaches.
Our team is composed of 25 people with various backgrounds in quantum physics, nanotechnologies, hardware, and software. We are all bound by the desire to put OQC at the forefront of the quantum revolution and help solve some of the world’s most challenging problems.
We are looking for an Office Assistant to support OQC’s day-to-day operations and manage general office procedures, from health and safety measures to office expenses, from welcoming visitors to improving our online filing system. Our Office assistant role is an opportunity to play an integral role in a dynamic and rapidly growing start-up environment.
We are looking for a multi-tasker with excellent communication skills and an upbeat attitude who will help ensure that operations run efficiently. The ideal person for the job will be a proactive problem solver with a meticulous attention to detail. You’ll champion and represent OQC’s culture on a day-to-day basis, interacting with visitors, customers and employees at every level. You’ll have a natural ability to adapt and be flexible to handle anything that might come your way. Not only will your effects allow us to achieve organisational efficiency, you will nurture the pleasant work environment our people love.
- Oversee visitor experience and ensure a personal, friendly experience for anyone coming into the office
- Reception duties: answering calls, emails and letters
- Provide direct administrative support to the team as needed, including scheduling appointments, meetings, and events, booking travel, maintaining filing system, mailing and shipping packages, and updating contact database and employee list
- Oversee and maintain office equipment for uninterrupted function, identify and fulfill office supply needs, maintain and manage vendors (cleaning, catering, IT and security services)
- Manage office G&A budget, ensure accurate and timely reporting
- Assist in the onboarding process of new hires (from equipment to presentations)
- Plan in-house or off-site activities, like parties, celebrations and conferences
- Design and implement office policies
- Implement health and safety procedures, undertake responsibility for first aid
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Prior experience as an Office Assistant or Administrative Assistant
- Hands on experience with all office machines (e.g. printers, coffee machines)
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritise work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
- A driven, motivated attitude with the ability to use your own initiative
- Excellent people and communication skills
- Willingness to take on H&S procedures and first aid responsibilities (you will be trained if you have never done this before)
LOCATION & TRAVEL
OQC’s office is located in Shinfield, Reading. There will be a requirement for occasional travel throughout the UK and elsewhere abroad for conferences, meetings and engineering visits.
We look forward to hearing from you!
At OQC we are not just hoping you’ll fit in our culture. We aspire to thrive, as a company and as people, thanks to your diversity of thought and background. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing our team members with a work environment free from discrimination, where everyone is treated with respect. Our employment decisions are based on business needs, talent and merit and all our colleagues share in the responsibility for fulfilling our commitment to diversity. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, or if you think we can do better with our recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
Apply for this job